Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2013, 03:36 PM

19 posts, read 65,270 times

Advertisements

I love Tampa. My husband and I are planning to move with our two boys, 7 and 11. I already have a job transfer set up and my husband is good as far as work is concerned also. I am worried about two major things, work and feeling isolated. As far as work is concerned, I would be with the same company, but the PEOPLE would be different. Maybe they would not like me there, also there seems to be a lot more stability as far as work is concerned in NYC. I lived in Tampa for a year. WOULD I BE JEOPARDIZING MY JOB? Also I am worried about being isolated. Although there is a lot of drama and gossip between my 6 siblings and I prefer to avoid certain ones, I like the comfort of knowing they are nearby, I don't know how to explain it????? I HAVE NO FAMILY IN TAMPA. No one to even visit, just in case I want. I also feel guilty about moving away from my 80 year old mom who is disabled and cannot get around easy. I just think my family, meaning my husband and children would have a better life in Tampa. It is much less expensive there which could afford me the chance to spend a little more time with children. Would I be making a bad choice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 07:01 PM

93,255 posts, read 123,898,066 times
What is more important to you?

Old 02-13-2013, 07:21 PM

9,317 posts, read 20,998,847 times
You have to do what best for your family... You, your DH, your Kids.

My company has offices in NYC & Tampa Also, and the folks I talk to that have done the move are very happy with there move.

Since Its good its a transfer you don't have to find a job, lose benefits etc. Each office has a different culture, but as long as you get along with people you should be able to fit in. Just don't do the 'Back in NY we did it this way' or in NY it was so much better.

80yo mom. Question is how long can she live independently (If she does), before she need 24x7 care. You can fly up to NY area as needed. The airfare from TPA to ISP, JFK, LGA are not that bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues