Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2013, 01:35 PM

507 posts, read 1,669,051 times

Advertisements

Hi there, I am planning to move back from the US (Seattle, WA) to Europe (Germany) and I am wondering how to approach my move. On the way out everything was organized by my employers, so quite easy. This time around it's up to me. I live in a one-bed apartment and don't really have any fancy furniture or much stuff in general, so I am planning to sell or give away most of my furniture and move with my beloved bicycle and an (at this point unknown) number of moving boxes full of clothes, books and random items.

Has anyone done something similar before and can give me some advice? Should I look into traditional moving companies or would it make more sense to just ship my boxes and bike with a company such as DHL or UPS?

Any advice will be very welcome

Sito
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2013, 07:25 PM

521 posts, read 4,413,964 times
You didn't say how much had to be shipped or when you planned to leave. Check out this article and see if it helps. There are several excellent international forwarders right in Seattle.

How to Choose an International Mover | RELO Roundtable...a gathering place

Old 04-06-2013, 11:05 PM

507 posts, read 1,669,051 times
Thanks for the link, I'll read that right now. At the moment I just don't know how much stuff I'll have. As I said I want to get rid of a lot of my things and then I'll have to see what's left but I am sure it'll be more than I am imagining right now

Old 04-11-2013, 05:20 AM

8 posts, read 46,586 times
As you have mentioned that you have quite a number boxes So i think you should firstly get online quote for your move by filling some details and then compare the costing with DHL or any other shipping services .This will help you to decide on choosing any one service, which will be more economical.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,650 times
Hey! So this was a couple of years ago. What did you do at the end? I am literally in the same situation (of course different cities) but with the same amount of stuff and such. Help! Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues