Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2009, 11:26 AM

24 posts, read 56,313 times

Advertisements

We are almost ready to finalize all of our plans. We have quite a few aspects to time. I am really worried that I'm going to do this all wrong. There won't be any money for errors so I need to get this right.

Moving from Florida to Colorado around the first week of January.

The plan is:
1. Put our stuff in ReloCube and send it off.
2. Ship cars the day before we move.
3. Get rental car or find someone to help take us to the airport.
4. Get to plane 2 hours early because we are taking 2 cats with us.
5. Take flight from TPA to Texas and Texas to Colorado.
6. Get rental car for the time we do not have cars. We will be getting the least expensive one (if you have any ideas I'd love to here them).
7. Have ReloCube dropped off unpack
8. Get cars dropped off and return rental car.

We aren't really going to have any stuff for a few days so we plan on going to Wal-Mart and buying the basics like bedding. Like I mentioned, we have 2 cats and a toddler.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 05:52 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,028,390 times
I am also moving to Co in January. One thing that came to mind was that you want to rent the cheapest car. But keep in mind, those little cars aren't that great in snow. Where we are moving they've been getting snow weekly. just something to think about.
I don't think it's possible to time everything perfectly so don't stress about that and be prepared for delays. good luck!

Old 12-21-2009, 07:00 PM

1,450 posts, read 4,257,910 times
Rent a van or truck, the extra dollars are worth it for kid's stuff and cats!

Old 12-21-2009, 11:14 PM

24 posts, read 56,313 times
I spoke with the car shipping people. We are going to send my car this week so we only need a rental car for only a few days hopefully. I was checking out hotwire.com. It looks like they have cars for like $12/day.

Due to time constraints, we can't drive cross country right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues