Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2013, 11:55 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,805,219 times

Advertisements

I been wanting to relocate for a very long time from my current city to a new city...The house finally sold and I have to be out by the end of the month....Very happy i was able to unload my house before making the move. I will be camping out with relatives, until I can line up employment. However Im noticing from the few close friends that I told, they dont seem too happy for me... Now grant it this is the city where I was born and raised. The friends who I told have been their whole life as well. I may be jumping the gun...but they just dont seem excited for me like they were in the beginning. I had an epiphany last year that I didnt want to spend my whole life in 1 city..so i decided to relocate. In my deepest of hearts, I feel its the right decision as Im just tired of everything in my current city. You know when you feel you are just existing and not living anymore. Am I scared? Just a little! But am I eager to see whats on the horizon in the new city? Uh hello, you bet I am. Thats the beauty of it, new people, new scenery/environment. I realize that the 'grass" wont necessarily be greener all the time and that there will be bumps along the way. As someone said in a previous post, Im currently networking through Linked in and lining up business contacts, as I know that competition for employment is fierce everywhere. I guess I just expected more from my so-called friends to give me better support.... I always told them , that the world is bigger than our current homeplace and that you have to find your place! Im moving forward with life with or without them.

Last edited by westcoastbabe; 05-15-2013 at 12:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 12:43 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,945,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
The house finally sold and I have to be out by the end of the month...
I will be camping out with relatives, until I can line up employment.
<complaining unsuppportive friends stuff deleted>
Yeah you! Best of luck as things come together for you.

Yeah, keep your pretty decent CLT job as long as you can.
Have you (can you?) discuss transfer opportunities in AZ?

Quote:
Am I scared? Just a little! But am I eager to see whats on the horizon in the new city?
Uh hello, you bet I am. That's the beauty of it.
You'll be fine.
Come up to Winston before you leave and I'll buy you dinner.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:45 PM

281 posts, read 643,531 times
Awesome, so happy for you !! Congrats, you have one thing checked off your list! I know how you feel about wanting to move. I have lived in my town for 40 years!! I was also thinking the other day that I also lived in the house I grew up in from about 3 to 19 straight through. A lot of people move all the time, other people, like your friends, don't see the need. You do what's right for you. They may seem unsupportive but maybe they are sad to lose you? Or they just don't understand your need to leave. Good luck on the job hunt and move!

Old 05-15-2013, 01:36 PM

537 posts, read 1,242,684 times
My friend is very unsupportive of my move, but that's because he and I are in two separate places in life. He has a wife and kid, while I am single and never plan on having children. He kept on telling me, "I just don't get it... why are you leaving all of this security?" And when thinking about it from that perspective, it makes a lot of sense. But then again, he's not living my life from my perspective.

They're probably unsupportive because they don't want to see you go. You'll know whether or not their good friends if they're willing to keep in contact and maybe visit you. And maybe it isn't the fact that they're unsupportive. Maybe they just don't know how to react. It's such a huge (read: stressful) life change. My friends knew to leave me alone sometimes, because I was dealing with so many aspects of moving. And at other times, they helped me talk it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues