Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 07:53 PM

42 posts, read 68,334 times

Advertisements

Okay, so after a long hunting apt trip I finally found the perfect one. And now is moving. My moving size is studio. I have a Twin XL mattress and a bookshelf that I'm planning to move with me, and of course other boxes with all my stuff. My question is what is the best way to move for me as young female without driving license? I'm thinking about Pods/U-pack these moving cubes. But then loading/unloading will be a BIG issue for me since I won't be able to do it by myself. Any recommendation will be appreciated!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 08:22 PM

537 posts, read 1,242,280 times
You can do Pods and once it's delivered, coordinate having movers just come and unload your items. Look on Yelp to see who will be near your new residence and e-mail a couple places to see if they can help out. Most places will do a job like that, and it's not too expensive either.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:25 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,055,148 times
Be sure you can have the Pod left at your load and unload location and check the cost carefully it may be cheaper to buy a new bed and bookcase and just ground ship a few boxes.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:14 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
You may want to find someone of Craig's List as it seems that you don't have much and pods are pretty expensive.

How about enlisting friends to help you move?

Old 06-12-2013, 07:01 PM

Thank you guys. I don't know if 10+ boxes can be counted as "few" boxes What will be the most economics way to move? Ship or pods? Last time when I moved I shipped all my belongings via FedEx. Also I don't know if I should keep the mattress with me. It cost me $500 and is less than two years old. Is it worth to move it with me or should I just donate it and spend the other hundred bucks to get a new one?

Old 06-12-2013, 07:47 PM

How far are you moving. Can't you find some friends that could move you? It sounds like you don't have much. In the furniture section of Craig's List they usually have movers that do small moves for people that are buying something there. I am sure you could someone and it shouldn't be that much money.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:50 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,754,096 times
Put the bed on Craigslist (or something similar) and sell it before you move. It does not sound like it would be economical to pay to bring it with you. Whittle all of your belongings down to the bare minimums. How are you getting to your new home? The answer to that may make a difference as to how you transport your personal belongings.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
How far are you moving. Can't you find some friends that could move you? It sounds like you don't have much. In the furniture section of Craig's List they usually have movers that do small moves for people that are buying something there. I am sure you could someone and it shouldn't be that much money.
No, I can't. My friends are all out of town. I'm moving from WA to CO.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinerose View Post
Put the bed on Craigslist (or something similar) and sell it before you move. It does not sound like it would be economical to pay to bring it with you. Whittle all of your belongings down to the bare minimums. How are you getting to your new home? The answer to that may make a difference as to how you transport your personal belongings.
I'm going to fly to there so I won't be able to bring to many belongings with me and I have to either ship them or do the pods.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by two2to View Post
No, I can't. My friends are all out of town. I'm moving from WA to CO.
I would find out how much it would cost to ship your bed and then you can decide if it is worth it or not. I guess you could ship your other belongings. Pods are expensive and I don't think it would be cheaper. Didn't realize that you were moving far away. I assumed a few hour drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues