Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 08:34 PM

11 posts, read 15,212 times

Advertisements

I live in Modesto Ca, I am moving to No-Where land Schurz Nevada. I am looking for suggestion in regards to renting a truck and or a Van for the day trip there. I have only Boxes and a shelf and a beach comber Bike along with maybe 6 large boxes and several small boxes. I have run in to several issue where none are available and or they do not rent for a one way trip. I can move anytime and any day. I have to be back in Modesto in a week for the completion of dental work. I am not rich but who is these days. I would like to do it all in one day. I just can not seem to find anyone who has any trucks in the Modesto area or Vans. I can find several U haul type trucks but I honestly think they are just too big. So What ever anyone has to suggest I really would appreciate it. Schurz Nevada is about 90 miles from Reno/sparks area 60 miles to Fallon Nevada. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 01:14 PM

244 posts, read 666,075 times
Well, Schurz is at least 4 1/2 hours away, and you'll be going over Sonora Pass. I think this will take you at least a day, but I would plan on 2. Just the driving there and back will take you 8-9 hours, since you can't find a one-way rental. Since you have to come back in a bit for dental work, can you move a day or two before you need to come back? Then you can do a round-trip rental and drop-off again in Modesto.

Budget down on Pelandale will do a 10-foot truck rental. U-Haul on McHenry can do a Cargo Van or a 10-foot truck. Each of them is a per day charge plus mileage. If you want to do a one-way rental, U-Haul has a drop-off location in Yerington, about 25 miles from Schurz. That one can only be done with a 10-foot truck.

We've had more luck with the people at Budget. They seem nicer than the U-Haul people, cleaner too.

How big is your car? Can you fit everything in there, or do you need a trailer? Do you know anyone with a horse trailer or something that you can borrow and bring back when you return for your appointment?

Old 07-12-2013, 03:51 PM

11 posts, read 15,212 times
Hey thanks so much for the reply! I am going to try and look up the U haul 10 ft truck that seems that seems to be my best bet. An right now I have no car so the U haul is going to be my best way of doing it. An i used to live in Yerington so thanks for the information about returning it there. I did not even think of it. Yea it is going to take me the whole day to get there, and I will just take the bus back here a few day before my dental appt! Thanks so much for the suggestions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues