Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 02:22 PM

2 posts, read 2,955 times

Advertisements

Not sure what I can do moving back home to Massachusetts from florida have to rent a truck and a tow but no one will rent it for my Chrysler Pacifica 05
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 08:35 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,443,856 times
Probably have to rent a trailer as opposed to a tow dolly. Tat is what Penske told us.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,934 times
My last experience with uhaul - reserved trailer for pick up at agency near my house . I went there that morning, no trailer, could not find my reservation. Agent called the East Providence (RI) office to see what happened. Even though I talked to the agent 2 days prior and was assured everything was set. My reservation had been changed to the next day and the trailer was available at another agent 45 minutes away! U haul would accept no responsibility for this error.
If at all possible stay away from U haul. Cost me one day of 3 day weekend.

Old 08-01-2014, 02:20 PM

3 posts, read 4,017 times
We just completed a move from Seattle to Portland area and we rented a Penske truck. It was in fantastic condition (pretty new) and only had 3000 miles on it. Penske also has fantastic customer service. I will never rent another U-Haul again.

Old 02-17-2015, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spalam01 View Post
I see all these good comments for Penske.

I still feel the Penske's customer service is not good. I again went to Penske facility and asked them if they can help with loading the car. They said, As per the company rules, they will give instructions and watch. But I have to load the car, strap it etc.,

If they can give instructions and watch, why can't they do it by themselves. I am willing to pay even additional $ for help with loading. But they say they wont do it.

Since, I have not done this by myself, I don't want to take a risk it and I am planning to go with U-Haul just because they are giving assurance that they will take care of loading the car.
The reason Penske won't load your vehicle on the towing is because if something happens such as damages, you can't hold them reliable. Which if you think about it is smart. You are given a Tow guide and there is even a link on the website that you can watch to guide you. If those aren't helpful enough I recommend having someone you know help you when you need it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues