Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 03:49 PM

296 posts, read 1,249,418 times

Advertisements

Just wondering I just moved to another state, but I really don't like it and want to move back. Because of school, I have to stay at least a semester (two at the longest) but after that I'm outta here. Unfortunately, I just spent close to $3000 shipping all my belongings/furniture etc and now I'm gonna have to ship 'em all back next year. C'est la vie. Anyone else moved somewhere briefly, and then left? (for whatever reason)? I feel like I made a huge mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 04:19 PM

537 posts, read 1,242,105 times
For me, a month. I was eighteen, hastily decided to move in with a co-worker, realized she was crazy, and then quickly moved out.

Why do you feel like you made a mistake with moving? Does this feel like a mistake, or are you feeling overwhelmed by all of the changes you've made in your life? Moving to another state is tough... adding school on top of it must be really overwhelming.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:44 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,040 times
I lived in Little Rock a little over a year and a half before moving to Charlotte. That was definitely the shortest I've ever lived anywhere. I currently have lived in Oklahoma City for about a year and would move tomorrow if I could but I'm probably going to be here a while.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:57 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,753,706 times
Moved to a rental house in another state in May 2007 and moved into the home we bought in a neighboring town in April 2008.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:34 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,957,605 times
11 months in NH, moved back to Fl

Old 07-27-2013, 12:29 PM

296 posts, read 1,249,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkwithwords View Post
For me, a month. I was eighteen, hastily decided to move in with a co-worker, realized she was crazy, and then quickly moved out.

Why do you feel like you made a mistake with moving? Does this feel like a mistake, or are you feeling overwhelmed by all of the changes you've made in your life? Moving to another state is tough... adding school on top of it must be really overwhelming.
Honestly, I didn't check it out well enough before I moved and it's just really not a fit for me. I've moved a lot growing up so moving isn't an issue for me and I adapt well to new situations/places, but I just really hate it here. I only came out once before I decided to move, and that was a mistake in itself, because one day definitely isn't long enough to learn about an area. Not that it's a bad place to live at all, it's just not for me. I also figure I should transfer back sooner rather than later, that way it'll be easier to apply for jobs etc locally, without being stuck here after I graduate. I think I had a bad feeling about it from the start, but was trying to be optimistic and didn't listen to my gut! Whoops.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:48 PM

89 posts, read 156,582 times
Got a job in Park City, Utah for a winter season at a ski resort for three months. Only reason I left was because my contract ended. I wasn't a huge fan of living there, but the pay was decent.

Also lived a block away from the beach in San Clemente, California for about 2 1/2 months with my dad, until he decided to move back to Missouri to be with his girlfriend. That was my favorite place to live, yet my shortest!

Old 07-29-2013, 06:37 AM

17 posts, read 24,199 times
The shortest time was 3 weeks. I was 18 and had moved into a house (renting) a couple of towns away from my hometown. Well after I was just settling in and had everything unpacked, I got a call from the landlord saying she had sold the house and I had to be out in two weeks. If you are considering moving again maybe if you had a friend that had a truck and a trailer, you could give them gas money for there and back to haul your stuff;it would be most likely less than a thousand for it. However, maybe after things settle down there you may like it! Best of luck to you!

Old 07-29-2013, 08:48 AM

302 posts, read 499,409 times
1 month. Went from South Florida to West Memphis, TN with a boyfriend. Biggest mistake and I went home basically with my tail tucked.

Old 07-29-2013, 04:58 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,822,410 times
Three months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues