Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2013, 12:38 PM

34 posts, read 60,374 times

Advertisements

I've already posted about relocating and finding a place. Now I'm interested on the journey. We can use St. Louis, Mo as a starting point (largest big city near me and really close) and the ending point will be Miami. My husband will be driving a u-haul (he'll prob be towing a car too) and hopefully my father in law will be riding with him. I will be driving our minivan with the rest of the crew. It'll be me, mother in law, 3 kids (14, 6, 4), 2 small dogs, and 2 turtles. We don't want the trip to be a miserable experience for everyone. We have relatives in atlanta we could stay with for free. We have relatives with a beach house in Gulf Shores where we can stay for free (but would have to kennel the dogs elsewhere). We were hoping to have 1 or 2 days of "fun time" on the way down there. My husband thinks it would be great to spend New years eve at Disney (It would be cool, but I'd rather do Disney when we have more time, money, energy, and not have to worry about pets). So basically any ideas for a kind of fun move/road trip with animals and uhaul.

Husbands example: Drive 1 full day from St.Louis to Atlanta, stay that night and next with relatives, drive to orlando spend next day at disney and the next day move on to Miami.

We don't want to spend a fortune, but we'll have to pay for some hotels regardless. I kind of like my husbands idea only substitute the Nick Hotel for Disney. It'll have enough fun stuff to keep kids happy for a day but a whole lot cheaper and less stressful. Our kids have never been to anything other than a lake beach, so that is fine. Our kids loved the Great Wolf Lodge so thats why I thought of the Nick hotel and we can take up to about a week to get there if the costs of lodging and "fun" isn't too much.

Ideas? I'm tired of stressing over important stuff....now its time for fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 12:39 PM

34 posts, read 60,374 times
FYI we've driven with the kids to Atlanta in the past and that was fine for a 1 day of travel but with pets and all I wouldn't want most of the trip to be like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues