Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2014, 06:51 AM

3,930 posts, read 6,403,093 times

Advertisements

Back at the home, now having a contractor come in, do final patch work for listing. Was going to do it myself, but wife is sick, just not enough hours. So gutting up the cost and moving forward. One week thrash and it goes n the market.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:59 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,704,003 times
I hope DW gets better soon, restrain. I've been sick for so long and I'm 'sick' of it.

I did get the front mowed, which really kicked my butt but I am glad I got 'er done.

Hopefully the Benz will fire right up (she usually does), then I can declutter her and put her out front.

Going to have to figure out how to post on CraigsList......yikes

Old 05-26-2014, 07:52 AM

7,217 posts, read 6,994,652 times
17 days until the moving truck.

I think I'm going to have a final yard sale this Saturday.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:07 AM

71 posts, read 218,763 times
Yesterday, I signed the contract to buy a house. Set a moving date for 5/14 or 5/15. Today I'm going over to move the first carload off stuff. Its only about a 15 minute drive, so I can move a bunch of non essential stuff, and moving day should be a breeze. Its my grandmothers old house, so although I won't be closing until the end of June, I can move in whenever I want.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:33 PM

Kab0, good choice for the sale date! Sell sell sell!!!!!!!!!!

tel0004, you are so lucky to only be moving a short ride. *sigh*

Well, since I'm still sick, mowing a brief thirty minutes sent me to bed. I may still get the car at least next to the other car to transfer belongings and prep for sale. At least the yard doesn't look like a hayfield.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:57 PM

5,836 posts, read 5,230,333 times
Hubby & I have been in the house for two weeks now. Everyday is spent unpacking and it seems like we haven't really made much progress but yet we have. I love seeing empty boxes.

Very soon, we have to go back to the old house. We still have some stuff there. We also have to clean it and get ready to put it on the market. The funny thing is, it is like I really don't want to go back to that house. The other day I realized that THIS is MY house-and I allow my husband to live here, too. The other was never really mine. My hubby bought it with his ex-wife and when we got together, I just moved in with him. As much as I tried to make that my house, it never really was.

Cat

Old 05-26-2014, 04:09 PM

Oh, Cat, that is huge, congratulations on your finally new home. That will be huge in so many ways. You wait and see.

Old 05-26-2014, 04:37 PM

894 posts, read 1,132,059 times
In Sept/Oct 2013 we put our house up for sale in Oklahoma. It sold in 3 days, full price. We left OKC on Nov. 6. We moved using ONE POD to Greenville, SC. We got rid of a lot of stuff before the move. We traveled a bit, and then moved into a 6 month lease apartment end of January. We hired movers to unload POD at the POD place, and take some things to the apartment and the rest to a storage unit we rented. The lease is up in July, and we are now preparing to move into our son's condo. He and his wife will be leaving for Europe, end of June, 6 days after being married. They will be working over there for 2 years. We are now in the process of getting rid of MORE stuff since they are not taking much with them. My dh just cleared out storage today, and the STUFF is in our second bedroom here at the apartment. We will hire movers to move us out of here, and into their place, less than 2 miles away. I am tired. I said I always wanted to be a renter. I think I've changed my mind, lol. However, we are at least 2 years, and 2 moves away from anything permanent! Thanks for listening, lol. BTW, we are retired.

Old 05-26-2014, 04:38 PM

5,836 posts, read 5,230,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Oh, Cat, that is huge, congratulations on your finally new home. That will be huge in so many ways. You wait and see.

Thanks. And the house is HUGE. lol. BTW, have you seen the videos-so you can really see how huge the house really is.

I just can't wait for this house to be presentable so I can REALLY show it off. We did have a few people here this weekend but it wasn't the showing I had hoped for. Don't know when we will be able to have our housewarming party.

Cat

Old 05-27-2014, 07:13 AM

3,930 posts, read 6,403,093 times
Cat-when you think you are ready, just put out a sign that says 'free food' and the neighbors will come. .

Congrats on the move.

SPACE BAGS are your friend. We emptied our closets, disposed of some, put the winter clothes and special clothes into the space bags. Reduces space by over 50%. Reduces our clothes down to one closet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues