Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2014, 04:43 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,811,799 times

Advertisements

reserved the uhaul today. didnt want to but cant find anyone to help us move that weekend.

estimated cost $76 with gas.

Old 06-17-2014, 04:47 PM

128 posts, read 150,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
But candles add to the ambiance. I know, I should talk. I also have a ton of candles but I never burn them so they keep collecting.

Cat
I have a bad habit of collecting candles too. I set aside a box for the ones I can fit and will use, the rest can be given away or something, at this point I don't care.

I sold two things on ebay this week and ordered a bag to send in a bunch of brand name clothes I don't wear to hopefully get some money back on. Crossing my fingers it will be worth it.

I also ordered a ton of the free boxes from USPS.com and will be using them to pack up smaller stuff like my glass dishes. Pretty great that they have some bigger sizes.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBryant23 View Post
I also ordered a ton of the free boxes from USPS.com and will be using them to pack up smaller stuff like my glass dishes. Pretty great that they have some bigger sizes.
ooooh- good idea!!!

Old 06-17-2014, 05:29 PM

14 posts, read 26,835 times
Everyone here seems to make nice progress.
I need to get in on this. Not much so far today, but it's not over yet right?
Cleared a space for boxes to stack, and began a running to-do list. I hope to get a few more boxes packed before the day is over.
Moving day will be here before I know it.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
ooooh- good idea!!!

I'm pretty certain I read on the forums here about the usps boxes. I had it in the back of my head and kept forgetting until today when I was at the post office looking around while in line. Then I remembered! I plan to use them for ebay items once we move as well, so the boxes serve more than one purpose.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:36 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty certain I read on the forums here about the usps boxes. I had it in the back of my head and kept forgetting until today when I was at the post office looking around while in line. Then I remembered! I plan to use them for ebay items once we move as well, so the boxes serve more than one purpose.
Im going to use them for smaller stuff like knick knacks and papers.

I posted on Craigslist, Facebook and Church website asking for moving help. $10/hr + lunch is fair right? Just to move furniture. So far ive had 1 guy seem legit, 2 asking what the pay is despite having it in the ad and spammers from moving companies. Hubby and I could do it but i need to watch after the kids and dogs. When we moved here we had me, hubby plus 2 guys and it took 3hrs to move boxes and furniture. This time is just furniture.

I told my BFF, someone needs to invent a Packing Party. Seriously, invite people over and just help pack boxes.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:45 PM

Ohky, that sounds fair to me. I've heard that many people invite friends and family over and just buy lunch to help with packing and moving both. I've seen it called a packing party in many articles I've read.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Ohky, that sounds fair to me. I've heard that many people invite friends and family over and just buy lunch to help with packing and moving both. I've seen it called a packing party in many articles I've read.
Well part of the problem is we are moving July 4th weekend so many people are busy. Otherwise i imagine wed have more help.

Old 06-18-2014, 06:06 AM

487 posts, read 744,648 times
I find as we all get a little older, many people have health issues of one form or another that keep them from being able to help with moving. Packing is a little easier on them, but with bad backs and other medical ailments, I don't want to be the one to cause anyone any physical pain. Each move gets a little trickier - that's why I hope this one will be our last.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:09 AM

Well the one legit guy on CL got back to me and says he can help us! (and yes i google searched his phone number and tracked him down on facebook).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues