Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2014, 02:12 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,843,959 times

Advertisements

ok so i got a kick in the pants today and packed up the pantry, hall closet, and bathroom (aside from whats needed for the next 5 days). We also packed up some of the bookcase.

Today hoping to tackle packing most of our clothes.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:18 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,762,267 times
WOW, you guys are closing in on the big day, good luck and blessings.

I hope to go through my shoe wardrobe and weed out some things to sell.

Have to redo one of my horse stalls, it's not dry in the right places.

Happy Sunday, all!

Old 06-29-2014, 11:36 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times
One of my best friend's boys came over to help us. They cleaned out the shed and the back porch. As they did that with Hubby, I got the fun job of going through the basement. It is pretty much done in terms of what goes and what will be trashed. Now, we got to get it all out of the basement. The boys will probably come back next weekend to help out again-they have a truck and we don't. Besides they are young (16 & 18) & strong. And yeah, we are paying them for their work. Tomorrow, we will have someone to bag up a lot of the trash. The house is getting emptied. Hubby wants to get it on the market by the end of July. We definitely will have it emptied by then but the major thing will be if we can pin down our contractor to repair the ceiling in the upstairs & pin down our painter to do a few rooms. This is their busy time so hopefully, they will be able to squeeze us in to get that done. Then the house can be put on the market where it will probably sit for a while.

Cat

Old 06-29-2014, 01:52 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,430,885 times
Oh boy, we are down to the last days, or day, for me. Yesterday was our "big" move, meaning the big pieces we are keeping. Got a 14 ft UHaul and totally filled it, wondered if it would even fit. Thanks to our adult son and friend we got it done. Their work was cheap, pizza and cash. Even got my antique curved glass china cabinet moved in one piece.

Today is sorting the stuff left into a pile for Restore, a pile for the thrift store and a trash pile, plus everything else, hoping it'll fit into the SUV for two trips yet. Taking abreak right now. What am I watching? HGTV, home renovations! Cleaning the frig and then sweeping and vacuuming. Hopefully most of the work will be done today so DH doesn't have much to do. Sitting on one of the last prices of furniture left, going to Goodwill tomorrow afternoon.

Old 06-30-2014, 01:55 PM

So far havent done anything today except move around the day the net gets turned off/on. Hubby wanted it on the 3rd- but there wont be electric or anyone there! Hes weird.
I have word from hubby we are tackling the bedroom today after he gets off. I need to go through a few things actually before he gets home- those things " oh lets keep this" " um, where are we going to put it?" " I dont know but we might need it".......

So my list for the day:
bag up clothes
box up our closets
bag up laundry to be cleaned
throw away bead board
throw away misc knick knacks
unscrew bathroom cabinet
throw away humidifier

Old 06-30-2014, 02:46 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times
Did some more work at the old house. There is just a few more things I have to go through. Then it is a matter of either moving it either to this house or to the dump. It is coming. I keep seeing more & more empty rooms over there.

Now, to continue to unpack over here.

Cat

Old 06-30-2014, 04:43 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,762,267 times
Wow, y'all are getting so close! Good luck and a toast to success!

I got DH out to the shop yesterday and he did quite a bit. Bonus, it motivated him to get out there more often, and he wasn't in agony today.

I did put some new stuff up for sale and got some things sold. Every little bit.........

We went to the church thrift and dropped off five totes full of barely and never worn clothes. That was a nice load to be rid of.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:22 PM

OY!!!

Called Electric today and apparently there was a massive mix up with the turn on/turn off date. Got that fixed. My dad got us some boxes and will get more.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:30 PM

128 posts, read 151,517 times
I don't ever want to move again after this....at least not across the country. It is so difficult planning for 3 adults, 4 dogs, 3 vehicles and our stuff to get moved. My husband says I have been, to put it nicely, "snappy" lately. That's easy to say when you haven't been obsessively taking care of everything while working and finishing up a degree.

I got rid of beanie babies today; gave them to my niece. I am overwhelmed with trying to find a job though, because of the effort going into it. Stressed about the car/truck getting fixed.

Has anyone else lost their sanity in this situation? haha

Old 06-30-2014, 10:50 PM

Yes i have lost my marbles in moving. Its hard work!!

ETA: Bedroom closets are packed up. Hubbys clothes are bagged up. Trash is gone from our room.

I should take a pic, it looks like a bomb went off in here!

Last edited by Ohky0815; 07-01-2014 at 12:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues