Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2014, 08:38 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,443,856 times

Advertisements

Trailer arrived mid afternoon yesterday. By 6 we pretty much had it emptied, an additional hour this am and it was empty. Now, just don't ask me exactly where the stuff is in the house, but I did find the CAN OPENER. Hooray!

Old 07-11-2014, 10:31 AM

7,245 posts, read 7,074,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain View Post
Trailer arrived mid afternoon yesterday. By 6 we pretty much had it emptied, an additional hour this am and it was empty. Now, just don't ask me exactly where the stuff is in the house, but I did find the CAN OPENER. Hooray!

LOL!

Yeah, when I unpacked the things we need to have in the apartment I realized I missed a few items (which are packed in god knows what boxes in the storage facility) - such as the toaster, a peeler, and a rubber spatula.

So far, that is....

Old 07-11-2014, 02:12 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,762,267 times
LOL about the mouse droppings and ants, choff and the can opener and other assorted kitchen things still AWOL!!!!!!!!

Cleaned out and have ready to donate some clothes, only two grocery bags but I'll keep plugging away.

If anyone is a men's size small or a ladies size eight I can tell you what I have......just a thought.

I actually did get something from a forum member once, since I have a USPS account all I needed was her zip code, no address disclosure necessary; printed off a shipping label with the ship to to me and the ship from as myself with the shipping from different zip code checked and used hers. I scanned the label and emailed it to her. She graciously mailed me her Vista recovery disks for free, her household had all upgraded to W7.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:53 PM

128 posts, read 151,517 times
CCc, that is a great idea with giving other members stuff you don't want! I feel like just throwing my hands up and burning everything

I figured I would update since I haven't been around recently. I have been slacking off a lot lately. I've sold a few more things on ebay and that's about it. We are moving at the first of September so just waiting until the end of this month to really look for a rental house. The dogs need to get to the vet before the move so I guess I need to schedule that for after my 5 week class is over. That starts monday and I will be driving 3 hours round trip for a 5 hour class. I will have work on top of that so who knows how much I will get done until it's over. I'll have about 2 weeks after class is over to finish packing. Thankfully we don't have a lot of stuff, just lots of smaller junk to go through.

I have a wall of boxes started for what I have gone through and packed. I feel satisfied that if we left everything else we would be fine. Haha!

Last edited by MBryant23; 07-11-2014 at 11:08 PM..

Old 07-12-2014, 06:54 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,430,885 times
Fun to read the various stages everyone is in for moving. I finally made it down to our lake house today for the first time in two weeks, over a week past when I should have been here. I do have to say DH has done a decent job clearing space for company. Thank goodness the company is family who just moved themselves so are use to boxes all over the place. I have no clue where some of this stuff will be going nor when I'll have time to deal with it. It will work out, and there isn't too much of a hurry, although DS and his friends are invading here in two weeks for a weekend get away while we escape to our own get away. He's promised me that they will leave stuff alone, as long as they have a place to sleep.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:03 PM

2/3 of the boxes are empty. Actually finding stuff. But one room is still pretty much wall-to-wall boxes. But getting there.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:44 AM

Keep at it, all, we will get it done.

Hauled some boxes out of the attic, put some up on ebay, and packed two more boxes for the consign. Not going to bother with the low dollar glassware, and my consign gal sold out of what I gave her so time to restock her.

Going to look at a plow truck today if DH is up to it. This one has an auto trans and power steering, so plowing will be much easier for him.

Of course, we'll buy it and then have the mildest winter on record, just my luck........

Old 07-14-2014, 01:49 PM

CCc, you have a polar vortex hitting this week. NOAA data just released from 2005 to now is showing a decline in temps over the last decade. I am betting on another hard one. Glad I am in FL.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:49 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
one of the nicest things after moving, when you open your boxes and you find something you really need now, like a spatula! its like wow buried treasure!!

I don't pack meticulously, I use clothing and linens and packing material, so I mix up kitchen, living room, etc. so finding a packed spatula is like a buried treasure to me haha! so exciting to find the thing you need right now. like soap, etc.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:59 AM

Ugh, restrain, not another polar vortex, please; kill me now......

LOL Chicago, spatula jackpot!

Well, the nice plow truck that supposedly ran and drove and tranny slips a little became will not go into gear at all and needs a transmission. Seriously, what a waste. The hunt continues.

Took some donations down to the church thrift last night and picked up the glass and china cast offs that I sort, find homes for and box up to bring to the Salvation Army. My living room looks like the UPS store, boxes everywhere.

And we don't move until next year........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues