Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2013, 05:46 PM

9,479 posts, read 12,260,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I am sick of it all. The house is now a huge mess. I am exhausted and overwhelmed. I hate everything and everyone. Could not even find clothes for work today. My car is a mess.

My next move, throw it all away, buy new.
That's is what I did and trust me, it isn't all sunshine and lollipops, either! I've been running non stop since I got here buying everything I need, and the little stuff adds up QUICK. (and the money goes quicker)

Old 12-02-2013, 05:54 PM

By the way...shipping your stuff UPS doesn't always work out.

I shipped 13 boxes to myself the day before I left. Long story short my arrival was delayed (car broke down) and I missed UPS when they tried to deliver. Instead of coming back the next day, UPS changed my delivery date to the following WEEK. (the tracking info said I did that, but i did NOT). So, for my job interview today I had to buy another pair of shoes because my dress shoes are in one of those boxes. I am supposed to get my stuff tomorrow...a week after I have been here.

The UPS driver left me the message NEED YOU TO BE HOME PLEASE!!! on the note on the door. I specified "no signature" required and was told that the driver would just leave the boxes. Instead he chose to reschedule my delivery and cause me a HUGE inconvenience. I have been here nearly a week and have yet to unpack...because my stuff isn't here.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:52 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,734,347 times
OMG what a pain. You think that's bad, be thankful you didn't ship Fedex. I've had ground service from MN to CA take eight working days!

I remember reading about a place where you ship your stuff UPS to their warehouse, than you tell them to ship to your final destination. I wonder if anyone has done that and how it worked out?

It's said rule of thumb is to pack a week's worth of clothing in your suitcase that stays with you when you move. Did you do that Elle?

Old 12-03-2013, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
OMG what a pain. You think that's bad, be thankful you didn't ship Fedex. I've had ground service from MN to CA take eight working days!

I remember reading about a place where you ship your stuff UPS to their warehouse, than you tell them to ship to your final destination. I wonder if anyone has done that and how it worked out?

It's said rule of thumb is to pack a week's worth of clothing in your suitcase that stays with you when you move. Did you do that Elle?
Yes, I had 2 suitcases of clothes packed, but limited shoes. I am dying to take the dogs walking around the neighborhood but my sneakers are not here yet!

The UPS guy is going to get an earful from me today.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:28 AM

Be careful, this is the guy that will be delivering to you from now on. I know you're upset but take a deep breath. If this is the worst thing that happened during your move thank the Lord for your good fortune.

I leave my guys (and gals) bribes when I know they are coming. I leave small ziplock bags of fun size candy in the cooler months, and small frozen bottles of Gatorade in the summers. I get stellar service.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Be careful, this is the guy that will be delivering to you from now on. I know you're upset but take a deep breath. If this is the worst thing that happened during your move thank the Lord for your good fortune.

I leave my guys (and gals) bribes when I know they are coming. I leave small ziplock bags of fun size candy in the cooler months, and small frozen bottles of Gatorade in the summers. I get stellar service.
Well, I had no choice, I was broken down and stuck in a town 3 hours away. Calling UPS I was told that because I specified "shipper release" no signature was required and the packages should have been left at the door. The driver chose to delay my delivery by an entire WEEK, leaving me a nasty note in the process. I just called UPS and will likely be getting a refund. I spent nearly $500 to ship this stuff. I did not get what I paid for.

I don't care about the driver, I don't order anything that requires UPS shipping. And I don't plan to use them in the future. I don't recommend anyone else use them, either. I am now stuck just sitting here all day waiting for the boxes to arrive. I don't dare leave; the last thing I need is another nasty note from the driver. When you order/ship something, you expect it to arrive as promised, not a week later. My clothes have been in those boxes for 2 weeks now. I imagine I will need to rewash them all, also an inconvenience.

This was not the worst thing, the worst thing was car breaking down and being stuck in a tiny town Motel 6 with 2 dogs and 2 cats for 4 days while they waited for parts. Nothing but Denny's and vending machine food. But this comes in a close second.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:40 AM

Oh WOW does that stink! What happened to the car?

Old 12-03-2013, 11:54 AM

7,233 posts, read 7,032,642 times
Today I took a car load of recycling to the center and a half load of stuff to goodwill. Tackling the kitchen is up next.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:08 PM

WTG kab0 !!!!!!!

Sold two things today, so less to move !

Old 12-03-2013, 12:25 PM

7,233 posts, read 7,032,642 times
CCc, how are you selling? Ebay, craigslist, local paper or something else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues