Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2013, 08:25 PM

414 posts, read 1,020,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
https://www2.ucar.edu/atmosnews/opin...-mass-goes-bad

Check this article out about Salt Lake City inversions. Choking smog, lasts for months in the winter there.
https://www.google.com/search?q=pict...&client=safari

Here are some pictures.

I don't mind winter, but I need to see the sun! And have fresh air.
Don't move to MN Plenty of fresh air, but no sun.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:45 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
https://www2.ucar.edu/atmosnews/opin...-mass-goes-bad

Check this article out about Salt Lake City inversions. Choking smog, lasts for months in the winter there.
https://www.google.com/search?q=pict...&client=safari

Here are some pictures.

I don't mind winter, but I need to see the sun! And have fresh air.
Early morning winter sunshine I wake up to with bunny tracks . Does this look refreshing Jasper:

Old 12-19-2013, 07:58 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,483,844 times
The weather is not the same everyday.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:59 AM

414 posts, read 1,020,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
The weather is not the same everyday.
Uh, correct, but weather patterns generally stay the same from year-to-year (minus any anthro CC). So, if you don't like dark, grey winters, you'd be better off not living in a place with consistently dark, grey winters.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:00 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,097,959 times
After having lived in Michigan for a big chunk of my life and also spending a portion in AZ and now living in a state with 4 seasons I have come to appreciate a more milder climate. That doesn't mean I do not want cold weather cause to a certain extent I can tolerate cold weather but I have come to appreciate a climate that has limited to no snow. I just don't care for cold bitter windy snow blowing around and being forced inside. It is a hard trade off. With Phoenix it was wonderful in the winter and spring months but then summer comes and it is brutal hot for what seems like forever. As I get older and start to think about settling down I think I want to end up in a warmer/southern climate.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:52 PM

8 posts, read 12,914 times
ElleTea, you are my hero. I live in Wisconsin....enough said. This lovely ice storm we are having coupled with the 8-9" snow forecast for Sunday are just making life so lovely. I'm done with winter and have never really liked it either. Weather is a great reason to move, if you can't stand it where you live because of the weather and are depressed for half of the year, that is NO way to live. On my way out soon.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:03 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbqTeacher View Post
Uh, correct, but weather patterns generally stay the same from year-to-year (minus any anthro CC). So, if you don't like dark, grey winters, you'd be better off not living in a place with consistently dark, grey winters.
Of course, not every place is consistant. Here we go from 70 to 30 in an afternoon. Keeps you on your toes and you make sure you can get to all of your wardrobe. That's one of the things I like. The weather is never boring.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:38 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,292,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCK87 View Post
ElleTea, you are my hero. I live in Wisconsin....enough said. This lovely ice storm we are having coupled with the 8-9" snow forecast for Sunday are just making life so lovely. I'm done with winter and have never really liked it either. Weather is a great reason to move, if you can't stand it where you live because of the weather and are depressed for half of the year, that is NO way to live. On my way out soon.
I get it, I really do.

I've been interviewing this week pretty heavy (got a job offer yesterday after only about 10 days of really trying) and they all want to know why I moved. When I say "the weather" they smile and nod knowingly, then say "I did the same thing ___ years ago."

I was thinking about how this time of year I am usually full of dread about January and February to come. Those are the worst months for weather, Feb especially. This year, I have none of that. I feel lighter emotionally and just happier in general. Supposed to be cooler today, only in the upper 50s, but the sun is shining, so all is well. (I also have yet to wear socks since I have been here, unless it was when I was wearing sneakers )

Old 12-21-2013, 08:50 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,483,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I get it, I really do.

I've been interviewing this week pretty heavy (got a job offer yesterday after only about 10 days of really trying) and they all want to know why I moved. When I say "the weather" they smile and nod knowingly, then say "I did the same thing ___ years ago."

I was thinking about how this time of year I am usually full of dread about January and February to come. Those are the worst months for weather, Feb especially. This year, I have none of that. I feel lighter emotionally and just happier in general. Supposed to be cooler today, only in the upper 50s, but the sun is shining, so all is well. (I also have yet to wear socks since I have been here, unless it was when I was wearing sneakers )
I am glad everything is working out for you. A job offer after 10 days is great. If I may ask, what industry are you in?

Old 12-21-2013, 12:06 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,292,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
I am glad everything is working out for you. A job offer after 10 days is great. If I may ask, what industry are you in?
Accounting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues