Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 10:54 PM

2 posts, read 1,989 times

Advertisements

If you think you'll be taking more time before you hit the destination you can use the government approved storage facility upon request to your moving service. I have used that option when I moved from Montreal to NY. I took the service from KT (King's Transfer Van Lines, Montreal) and had my shipment transferred to the destination. I had to make few stops and would have reached NY two days post the delivery date of the shipment. I talked to the moving service and they suggest me this option and I didn't have much troubles over that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 04:45 PM

1 posts, read 653 times
Hmm you mean to tell me you didnt get your drivers card, with his cell phone?? And your load cooridinator cant narrow down the date any? Once the truck is fully loaded, the driver should be able to give you a 2 day tenitive delivery date. Do NOT listen to the person who said first loaded is last unloaded. The loads come off according to route, and the start of the reload. Thats why all those doors on the side of the trailer.
Think about that, if i load 3 shipments in florida, the first one goes to philly the second to dc and the third to boston. Would i drive north passing dc and philly to del boston, then backtrack south hundreds of miles passing philly again to del dc, then drive hundred miles north again the del philly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues