Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 03:29 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times

Advertisements

I moved to Denver a few years ago. I hate winter and I hate snow, so it was an unlikely place for me to be, but I had some good friends there and I wanted to try living in a new place so I went for it anyway. Before moving there it wasn't somewhere I even thought about visiting. I did like it, but I decided to move home last year after 2.5 years there. Denver is getting expensive and crowded, and it was difficult for me to afford a decent place to live downtown by myself and still have money to go out and enjoy the city and mountains as well. It is not nearly as cold and snowy as I imagined prior to living there, but it's still pretty cold and snowy for someone who doesn't love winter, so that was a factor as well. I miss it a lot more than I thought I would actually even though from a financial stand point moving was the right decision. I think you can find good and bad in any place. No place is going to be 100% perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 07:13 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times
I got bogged down in the Memphis area for WAY too many years. Then CT for 8 months then Hawaii for a year. THAT'S the place I never thought I'd move to!! Now I'm in Atlanta. for now

Old 03-27-2014, 06:19 AM

400 posts, read 793,644 times
Well, not a city, but my parents have been living in a 2-family house for 9 years and the other apartment was vacant and I'm bad shape. When I got married almost two years ago and was looking for a place to rent, I told my now husband I would never move next door to my parents.
Long story short, I got pregnant a few months later, we cleaned up the apartment and did some remodeling, and we've been living here for a year and love it. =)

Old 03-27-2014, 07:54 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
I lived in Kansas for a while. Never thought that would happen. Then again, never thought I'd live in Miami or Chile either lol

Other places I lived were near where I grew up so I won't list those.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:35 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I lived in Kansas for a while. Never thought that would happen. Then again, never thought I'd live in Miami or Chile either lol

Other places I lived were near where I grew up so I won't list those.
Ick Kansas!! How do you like living in Chile? Do you plan to stay long term, or are you there temporarily?

Old 03-27-2014, 09:06 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Ick Kansas!! How do you like living in Chile? Do you plan to stay long term, or are you there temporarily?
To be completely honest with you, I found Kansas to be a pretty pleasant place to live. I was not a huge fan of where I lived in Lawrence.. but I thought Kansas City was a really nice place.

I love Chile, I'm here temporarily but I will be looking to make it a much more long term in the near future. I'm going to look for some engineering jobs in the mines here.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:29 AM

150 posts, read 343,812 times
I grew up and was raised in Kenosha, WI (kenowhere) and when I went to school in IL and met and married my husband, I swore I would never live in WI again. We moved back to Kenosha and I am loving it. Never thought I would say that.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:04 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Yes (Fort Wayne)

No, I didn't like it.

Old 03-28-2014, 03:13 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,827,529 times
I had a family member who had to move states and his family which was his wife and 3 kids did not want to move. It actually created a lot of problems because the mom especially did not want to move. There really was no choice since it was for a job. So fast forward they moved but the dad was offered a job a year later back in the state where they moved from. By that time no one wanted to move back because they love where they live. I think for them they became active in extra activities, the home they have they love etc it helped them make the new state more enjoyable.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:35 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojj View Post
Sophisticated food? In OHIO? Not when I lived there. "Sophisticated" meant bad, expensive steaks at places like The Golden Lamb, or those awful Polynesian themed "Chinese" restaurants with names like "The Tiki Lounge"

sorry that you hate Ohio so much.

I don't eat steaks. I don't eat meat.

When did you live here? In the 50s', 60's, 70s?

We have Mediterranean, Italian that rivals NY, Thia, Vegan, Indian, Mexican and more.

In North East Ohio, we have so many wonderful restaurants with varied offerings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues