Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2014, 08:57 PM

1 posts, read 712 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

I am moving from New Jersey to California end of May... I've started to look for the reputable moving truck or moving services and I'm starting to lose my mind. I've gotten about a 1,000,000, and 1 responses with estimates.. I've checked reviews on various companies and it's just not good so far. I just wanted to know if anyone can refer any companies they have used and had a good experience. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 01:10 AM

16,003 posts, read 10,567,478 times
I used Roadway's moving services. They were very professional and on time. They were very expensive. I was happy with their performance. They will give you a ballpark estimate of what it costs to move individual pieces so you can decide what to leave behind. They will not move some things and they will charge lots more for some breakable items. I talked to several companies and they all seemed similar except that Roadway compiled an inventory with me on the phone listing things room by room. None of the companies followed through or made a serious errort to have an agent come to my house and do an on-site estimate. They made an estimate from my inventory list. The actual cost was fairly close to the estimate. Nothing was broken but there were scratches and scuff marks on some things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues