Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2014, 07:40 AM

2 posts, read 3,007 times

Advertisements

We have a scheduled move in a couple of weeks from East coast to midwest being paid by my spouse's current employer. But 3 days after our move is scheduled to arrive in Midwest we will be moving again. Our final destination move will be to west coast and will be paid by another employer. While in MIdwest we will need to add about 3 rooms worth of items to the truck. We are supposed to have packing and unpacking services for both locations. So, my question for you is, can the accounts be transferred on arrival to Midwest from one employer to another without unloading truck and then have one of the local packing contracters pack the rest of stuff in Midwest house to add to that truck? could they just bill the current employer for the move to MIdwest and then transfer the same inventory plus additions to the new employer.?
This is assuming the new company agrees to accepting this moving company instead of wanting to bid job to other moving companies. Please share your thoughts and advice. Thank you.

Last edited by lcarter05; 04-10-2014 at 07:40 AM.. Reason: correction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 07:54 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
The new company will want at least three quotes. It's pretty standard. Maybe you can negotiate using this one company into your signing deal. You might have to reimburse the first company for relocation fees.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:01 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,100,021 times
If your moving system involves you driving the truck, there would be noone to report that you did not unload it. It seems like this fits the spirit of the law, since each job is offering to pay a relocation. Otherwise, could you just bill each job for the move to the final location with one company taking the bill from current location and one taking the bill from the Midwest house?

Old 04-10-2014, 12:28 PM

2 posts, read 3,007 times
Thanks for replies. So no we do not have to repay relo fees from current employer because we are on assignment here and moving back was part of the deal at the end of assignment. My husband was able to find a new job in another company instead of staying with old company back in the midwest and we were able to sell our house at the same time. Our closing is that same week as our move is scheduled to arrive there. We would have 3 days to pack up rest of house and clean it so that its ready for closing. No one is willing to give us an extension on time and we are trying to not pay too much from our own pocket. Crazy. Let me know if you have any more insight. I don't even know if the moving company would allow a transfer of accounts or if the new company chooses another moving service I would think that they would make us unpack so that they could pack it themselves and see if it meets their requirements.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:12 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,059,576 times
Can't you just have truck #1 unload into you midwest home's garage and have truck #2 pack the rest of your belongings and put it all on their truck, you shouldn't have to unpack. I can't imagine the logistics of getting two separate moving companies being paid by two different corporations to play nice together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues