Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2014, 05:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,465 times

Advertisements

I am moving from Ohio to Pueblo Colorado I am on a fixed budget and am having a very hard time finding anyone below 4000 dollars. I am getting married May 1st and need this resolved as soon as possible. My fiance is a veteran are there no discounts for this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 06:26 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyrose62 View Post
I am moving from Ohio to Pueblo Colorado
having a very hard time finding anyone below 4000 dollars.
Don't move it... sell it instead.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:07 AM

3,930 posts, read 6,443,856 times
Look at the other moving threads. The key is to downsize, downsize, downsize. Move what is important, sell or give away the rest. Do you really need that humongous heavy couch, for example? Pueblo will not be as cold as Ohio. Do you really need the snowmobile suit? Go through and decide what you really need. Then look at renting a truck rather than hiring a mover.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,420 times
after a few long moves, I know a couple tricks. Renting a truck and a car dolly is cheaper than movers. If you don't have help to load/unload, you can just hire loading and unloading help. It saves a lot!!!
Get rid of whatever doesn't fit in one truck.
good luck and welcome to colorado

Old 04-17-2014, 12:49 PM

1,884 posts, read 3,033,508 times
Try getting a quote from one of the pod type moves such as abf freight systems -relo cubes.

See if you can wait until after the peak Summer moving period or move immediately. Prices are about double during the Summer.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:19 PM

491 posts, read 1,652,088 times
Great experience with Suburban Solutions. Check it out if they serve your area.
Suburban Solutions | Pack | Move | Junk | Clean
Suburban Solutions - Carroll Gardens - Brooklyn, NY | Yelp

I've had great experience with Flatrate moving as well. Give em a call and see if it fits your budget.
FlatRate Moving - Chelsea - New York, NY | Yelp
FlatRate Moving ® Companies Movers New York, Manhattan, NJ, CA, SF, FL, DC and storage

Hope this helps. Good Luck with the move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues