Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2015, 07:56 AM

4 posts, read 3,181 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone! So, I am in desperate need of assistance. After graduation I plan to move to West Virginia from Massachusetts for college, and I have many questions.

First, how would I go about the job situation? As of right now I work at Subway, and I don't know how I would be able to find a job in West Virginia without having to drive down there for an interview or something until absolutely necessary. Do you guys have any tips?

Second, how would I go about buying an apartment and a mover? I don't plan on living on campus. My boyfriend is coming with me, and has lived on his own for a while. Since I haven't, I will go to him for some advice, but I don't want to go into it completely blind and without the guidance of someone who has moved out-of-state before, so any information would be very helpful. I'm working on a permit/license because I don't have one yet, and so driving down there would be kinda tough for the initial walk through.

Third, what's the best way to save up some money for the move, and how would you budget for it? I'm good at budgeting. In fact, I strangely love doing it. However, I wouldn't know how to do it for a move, and I don't really have the best money-saving skills, so I need to find a way to do so efficiently without having to go through my bank (if I do have to go through one I can't break up the money into categories like I need to, that's why I'm opting out of the whole savings-account thing).

That's pretty much it aside from setting up utilities before arriving and when I should do that by. Besides those four things, I've pretty much got all the small things under wraps, but any other tips or information is greatly appreciated, trust me. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 09:06 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,975,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemaraccini View Post
After (HS) graduation I plan to move to West Virginia from Massachusetts for college
Why West Virginia? How will you pay tuition? Do you have a scholarship?

Quote:
...right now I work at Subway,
Do you guys have any tips?
Just be sure to leave THAT subway on good terms.
The next Subway WILL check.

Quote:
Second, how would I go about buying an apartment and a mover?
I don't plan on living on campus.
My boyfriend is coming with me, and has lived on his own for a while.
Dump the boyfriend. Live on campus.

btw.. Have you been accepted to the college?

Old 01-13-2015, 09:28 AM

917 posts, read 1,384,103 times
Ask your manager if you can request a transfer to a Subway in WV that way at least you have a job lined up. Check into prices for moving trucks.(I have looked into it and it's about 620.00 depending on the size you want). Note, this is when it gets pricey since you have to pay for gas. Luckily, gas prices are pretty decent right now. If you plan on moving into an apt you HAVE to learn how to manage your money. It's a must since you have groceries, rent, and utilities to pay.

Old 01-15-2015, 07:55 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,763,632 times
IMO You need to learn how to budget and manage money. Go to Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University ASAP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues