Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2015, 07:29 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,406,247 times

Advertisements

My Grandfather was a member of the Masons in Michigan. I don't know the chapter, etc, but can look it up easily. I believe it was called Acanthus.

I remember many years agoI know it was 1963--1964, GF made a sculpture he donated to the Masons. He was a Master Mechanic and had his own machine shop. He machined a sculpture out of a cylinder of steel. It was a Circular staircase, going up to a door, that was closed. There was a type of platform on the other side of the door. I remember him showing it to us at various stages of completion. I asked what the steps, door, etc, meant, but he said he couldn't tell me. He said it was to be donated to the lodge, and they would send it somewhere to be brass-plated. I was about 8 years old at the time. We never heard anything more about it.

I wonder if its possible to track it down now? I picture it displayed somewhere, wit a little plaque "Made by-----" Funny, we never heard anything more about the donation, but my grandmother died shortly thereafter, and perhaps he was too involved with that to take note of his donation. I would just like to track it down, if possible, anyone have any ideas where to begin?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 05:49 AM

7,246 posts, read 7,076,730 times
Contact the lodge and tell them the story. I'm sure they would be happy to help.

Old 05-14-2015, 06:11 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,406,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
Contact the lodge and tell them the story. I'm sure they would be happy to help.
Well, I tried that, but the little gal who answered the phone didn't have a clue. I was hoping there was some centralized Masonic Lodge data base, perhaps someone knows about?

Old 05-15-2015, 07:45 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,919,706 times
contact the Grand Lodge in Michigan, and ask for their help..

Home - Grand Lodge of Michigan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues