Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2015, 11:41 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,319,597 times

Advertisements

Is there a website that connects people who need stuff moved long-distance with people who plan to go that way anyway? For example, a college student home for the summer who will be traveling from Michigan for school and might want to earn a little money by driving someone's car or towing their stuff.

I've seen a facebook page like this for moving horses, but haven't found anything for just moving stuff. Craigslist has the local stuff, but not a way to connect according to origin and destination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 12:46 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,647,783 times
We had ride share boards at our college in the student union. It's probably online, now. There were always older people who wanted a college student to drive their RV to or from FL.

The problem, OP, is that there are a number of criminals out there these days. I'm getting so that I don't want strangers coming to my house, unless they are bonded or a friend of a friend with solid references.
I certainly wouldn't want a complete stranger driving my vehicle or a truck that I rented!

That's too bad because I sure that are a number of honest people who would love to share gas and/or make a couple of bucks that way.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:58 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,482,257 times
My daughter had a truck full stolen instead of being moved cross country. Insurance company now pursuing perpertrators who happen to own a second hand store!

Old 06-22-2015, 01:57 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,647,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
My daughter had a truck full stolen instead of being moved cross country. Insurance company now pursuing perpertrators who happen to own a second hand store!
Yikes! That really stinks. I hope they get caught soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues