Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 05:46 PM

166 posts, read 186,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryinbaby View Post
I am a 23 year old who, after making some really "young and dumb" mistakes (and spending too much money), found himself living with his mother in a backwater rural/post-industrial area in a tiny house near the highway and the airport and with plenty of spastic cats. There is no space for me here. I have a panic attack every day I feel so claustrophobic, and I can't stand my mother's constant nagging. She does not want me here, and I do not want to be here. I think I would get more peace and quiet sleeping in my car parked in the woods somewhere -- at least I probably wouldn't have to lie awake in bed listening to the roar of the interstate.

I have just over $1,000, a 2011 Honda Civic -- which I was fortunate enough to receive used as a college graduation gift. I own a lot of other expensive things, but I'd like to keep most of them. I have never had any trouble finding low-level retail and restaurant work when there's reason to. I have the charm and looks to get what I want from people.

What are some hypothetical ways I could make this work? Let's pretend staying here is not an option.
You said you have a 2011 honda civic. Sell it and now you are no longer broke. Buy a 2500 cheap car that runs. Get an apartment and then get a job. You are not at all in a tough situation. You have plenty of money. Compared to most of the world, you are rich! Even compared with much of the united states.

Oh yeah, move somewhere not too far from a good and safe city. You don't have much, which is great. Easy to move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2015, 06:44 PM

756 posts, read 833,468 times
Post Even More Advice:

Quote:
I am a 23 year old who, after making some really "young and dumb" mistakes (and spending too much money), found himself living with his mother in a backwater rural/post-industrial area in a tiny house near the highway and the airport and with plenty of spastic cats. There is no space for me here. I have a panic attack every day I feel so claustrophobic, and I can't stand my mother's constant nagging. She does not want me here, and I do not want to be here. I think I would get more peace and quiet sleeping in my car parked in the woods somewhere -- at least I probably wouldn't have to lie awake in bed listening to the roar of the interstate.

I have just over $1,000, a 2011 Honda Civic -- which I was fortunate enough to receive used as a college graduation gift. I own a lot of other expensive things, but I'd like to keep most of them. I have never had any trouble finding low-level retail and restaurant work when there's reason to. I have the charm and looks to get what I want from people.

What are some hypothetical ways I could make this work? Let's pretend staying here is not an option.
Another suggestion is to get a tent and find some campgrounds that have showers. Stay there for a while until you can find a U.P.S. BOX (Not U.S.P.S.) a job and a place to live.

I have researched more about S8 and HUD and etc. and I am not sure if S8 and HUD are related to each other but if you are truly homeless then you could receive financial assistance for those who are homeless. There is also lump sum for those who are made homeless: These involve Moving Cost Expense, and the deposit / down payment for renting / buying a house, and also the deposits for the utility bills. But that funding is only for those who are made homeless from Eminent Domain.

However, since you hinted that you graduated college, that means that you possibly graduated college. If so, where is the difficulty in finding a job? No openings / too much competition in your area? Perhaps you should move. Make the move based on where you can find a job (career) opening. (and as close to an urban area as possible.)

Old 08-13-2015, 06:48 PM

756 posts, read 833,468 times
Talking Thanks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Advice on the recommendations to live/sleep in a van and potential issues with parking it in places at night somewhat safely and without being bothered by police:

I have a buddy that lives in a van, but a cargo van with only two windows on the back. He was having trouble finding places that were safe to park, so since it is a cargo van, he had two magnetic business signs made ($139) with a company name he made up, '. . . . .Janitorial Services.' And now is able to park at night safely in high end office park complexes that are also quiet and if a cop car ever drives through, it doesn't look like someone that is living in a van is there, but rather a night janitor in one of the buildings.
This is a great idea. Thanks!

Old 08-13-2015, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Advice on the recommendations to live/sleep in a van and potential issues with parking it in places at night somewhat safely and without being bothered by police:

I have a buddy that lives in a van, but a cargo van with only two windows on the back. He was having trouble finding places that were safe to park, so since it is a cargo van, he had two magnetic business signs made ($139) with a company name he made up, '. . . . .Janitorial Services.' And now is able to park at night safely in high end office park complexes that are also quiet and if a cop car ever drives through, it doesn't look like someone that is living in a van is there, but rather a night janitor in one of the buildings.
But... where does he SHOWER??? and where does he use the bathroom?

Old 08-14-2015, 12:55 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,359,771 times
OP quoted: "I have the charm and looks to get what I want from people."

Really? You have charm AND looks? If that is true, why are you living with your mom and why don't you have $10,000 and a 2015 model car?

Old 08-14-2015, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebyanothername View Post
OP quoted: "I have the charm and looks to get what I want from people."

Really? You have charm AND looks? If that is true, why are you living with your mom and why don't you have $10,000 and a 2015 model car?
LOLOL!! XD

a

Old 08-14-2015, 01:29 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:

It appears your charm and looks has not worked so well recently since you are living with your Mother and her cats instead of getting what you want from people.

You should go wherever it is you choose to go and use your charm and looks to get a job and your own place so you can keep all of your nice expensive things
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues