Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 08:30 PM

366 posts, read 432,726 times

Advertisements

Perhaps check out Portland, OR. As far as weather goes though..the weather tends to lean toward rain and gloom a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 08:01 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,608,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekab23 View Post
Perhaps check out Portland, OR. As far as weather goes though..the weather tends to lean toward rain and gloom a bit.
A bit ??? There are 3 seasons of mostly grey/gloom/drizzle and a beautiful,albeit short, summer and early fall.
Oregons coast is spectacular but not user friendly.
You will rarely see any human in the water there. Standard beach attire is rain gear.
Also, Portland does not fit their housing price as It's a spendy place to live.
Traffic is also bad, it is a big city after all,,but mountains and scenery is lovely in a lot of spots. When the weather is nice, there is no place like it.
When we lived there, we rarely left the state as there is so much to see, but we did need a sun fix something fierce after awhile. If OP's favorite spot is tropical Hawaii, I think the weather might be an issue.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:32 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,426,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekab23 View Post
The only people who consider Portland affordable are the ones moving here from Seattle, LA, SF, SD, NYC, Boston and DC. The PNW overall is not what most people consider affordable.

Old 02-04-2016, 11:52 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
Hard to find a place in the south that is not very conservative/evangelical or hard line Republican. Middle of the road types are few and far in between here.

Old 02-13-2016, 06:57 PM

6,350 posts, read 11,580,635 times
Middle of the road types are very prevalent in my part of the south. But the #1 (non) voting group is the apathy party.

Old 02-15-2016, 06:25 PM

537 posts, read 768,561 times
This is a great thread, I could have written it except I'm single and live in the Baltimore area.

I'm just kind of over the east coast in general. I've been in the Baltimore area for 5 years this fall and I need something different. I liked Albany when I lived there, so it's interesting to see it come up. The entire west coast (Oregon, Washington, California) is on my list and also Tennessee (Chattanooga area).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues