Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 09:02 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,945,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyendra22 View Post
Planning to ship my car from CA to VA, need to know...?
read this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 04:14 PM

375 posts, read 609,405 times
Default Golden Key Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Golden Key Express had the highest ratings when I was checking out companies to ship my car. I haven’t used them yet, but plan to. They aren’t a broker and don’t service all areas. They only take cash or a certified check once your car gets delivered.

They gave me a quote of $1,400 to ship my car from California to North Carolina.

Nationwide Coast to Coast Auto Transport - Golden Key Express

After an initial hiccup with the main office where I thought a space had been reserved for me but hadn’t (likely my fault for mis-navigating their website), owner/driver Harold made good and found my car a place on his 10-car capacity rig.

My online quote was $1448 and did not change when I picked up my car; though I tipped him.

My car was picked-up in southern Maine on a Tuesday afternoon in October and delivered to southern California the following Thursday night.

Harold is very personable and down-to-earth. I never inquired about his progress en-route, letting him contact me at his convenience.

We had a nice chat when I picked up my car and I learned that he travels cross-country coast-to-coast as opposed to north to south. So if you’re looking for transport from the northeast to Florida, he’s probably not the guy for you - but he will recommend someone.

Highly recommend Golden Key Express. Be flexible with both pick-up and delivery dates as Harold is at the mercy of weather and traffic. Make your reservation well in advance - at least a 4-6 wks.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:23 PM

11 posts, read 11,091 times
Default metrogistics.com

We went with metrogistics.com. We purchased our vehicle (Chevy Traverse) from Enterprise Car Sales. I called them and asked who they used when they transport their vehicles. They use metrogistics.com so we went with them. I booked about a week in advance. They charged $1700 to transport the vehicle from St. Louis, MO to Seattle, WA. They picked it up at my home in St. Louis and delivered it to the hotel we were staying at in Seattle. The process was painless. The vehicle was flat bedded and arrived on time with no damages. I would use them again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues