Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2019, 10:36 AM

612 posts, read 1,513,129 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I reserved upack relocube for my move and they suggested Moving Staffers for loading and unloading. My employer is suggesting to use Moving Help loading and unloading services. Reviews for both of these are worst. Also with Moving Help I was reading that they charge for services, but the helpers actually never shows up.

Any other good loading and unloading service providers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 12:22 PM

7,245 posts, read 7,071,499 times
It's hit or miss. If you know anyone that has moved recently, ask them.

Not sure how far you are moving but when we moved 1k miles we asked the manager of the apartments we were renting if they had a name of someone local. We got good service out of the local company they suggested.

Old 03-15-2019, 12:55 PM

Ohh that sounds like a good idea... I can check with manager of my apt if they know anyone good around in the area and then for someone on the destination side I can ask manager there or book someone separately. I am moving cross country from KS to CA.

I also came across Simple Moving Labor, but they too have not so great reviews. However they do look better than Moving help or Moving Staffers.

Old 03-15-2019, 01:03 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,945,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimisticStar View Post
My employer is suggesting to use Moving Help loading and unloading services.
Are they offering to pay for this service? Is it paid ONLY if you use their contact?

Quote:
Any other good loading and unloading service providers?
That's a LOCAL question. At both ends.

If you were moving to my town I could recommend a reliable guy who does this sort of thing.
He'll show up with his help and they'll stay at it until it's done and be careful and helpful...
but he isn't gonna charge any LESS than anyone else doing this sort of work.

Old 03-15-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Are they offering to pay for this service? Is it paid ONLY if you use their contact?

That's a LOCAL question. At both ends.

If you were moving to my town I could recommend a reliable guy who does this sort of thing.
He'll show up with his help and they'll stay at it until it's done and be careful and helpful...
but he isn't gonna charge any LESS than anyone else doing this sort of work.
My employer is going to pay for any loading and unloading services as long as my name is on the receipt.

Unfortunately I am moving from KS to CA and from your profile looks like you are in NC. I don't have personal connections around, so I can just check with leasing office or will have to rely on some service provider.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues