U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 09:02 AM

1,984 posts, read 644,686 times

Advertisements

Disregard. I asked if you packed yourself before I noticed you already answered that you did pack everything yourselves.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2020, 07:57 PM

2,070 posts, read 973,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
Keeping in mind that I spent the last 30 years in the desert and longed for the greenery that comes along with the rain and humidity, my answer would be that I'm doing very well with it. Might have even lost a wrinkle or two by being plumped up with the humidity : ) I immediately noticed a difference in my skin - the dry, chapped skin I had lived with for so long simply disappeared.
I hope to write a similar post in a few years after we move from AZ to AL. As much as I love it here, I can’t wait to live amongst the tall pines again! Thank you for taking time to share your successes!

Old 06-19-2020, 11:56 AM

11,084 posts, read 12,573,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
Keeping in mind that I spent the last 30 years in the desert and longed for the greenery that comes along with the rain and humidity, my answer would be that I'm doing very well with it. Might have even lost a wrinkle or two by being plumped up with the humidity : ) I immediately noticed a difference in my skin - the dry, chapped skin I had lived with for so long simply disappeared.
My skin got better, too, after moving out of the desert. Very dry and now it's not at all on in the East. Hair is curly here, too, not there. I liked the dry heat, overall, better though. Easier to tolerate for me.

Old 06-19-2020, 01:19 PM

1,377 posts, read 481,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7baixo View Post
I hope to write a similar post in a few years after we move from AZ to AL. As much as I love it here, I can’t wait to live amongst the tall pines again! Thank you for taking time to share your successes!
You're welcome! I learned so much from posters on CD so I felt like I should return the favor. We lived in Scottsdale for two years before moving to NV and although Scottsdale had a much prettier desert than the NV area we lived in, it was still the desert so I understand the longing for greenery. I feel like I'm in paradise now.

Old 06-19-2020, 02:45 PM

250 posts, read 192,536 times
Rfomd19 you think Nevada is paradise to Scottsdale

Old 06-19-2020, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayMoveInFuture View Post
Rfomd19 you think Nevada is paradise to Scottsdale

No, you misunderstood : ) We lived in Scottsdale for two years and then moved to Nevada and stayed there for 28 years for a total of 30 years in the desert. We recently moved from Nevada to Southwest Florida. That's what I referring to as being paradise - living in Florida with all the greenery and close to the Gulf. I disliked the desert immensely and longed to live where there was lots of green. We love living in Florida. I re-read my last post and I could definitely see where my timeline was confusing without reading my prior posts.

Last edited by rfomd129; 06-19-2020 at 03:03 PM..

Old 06-20-2020, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
My skin got better, too, after moving out of the desert. Very dry and now it's not at all on in the East. Hair is curly here, too, not there. I liked the dry heat, overall, better though. Easier to tolerate for me.
My hair has more volume here in Florida and I find that I don't have to do much to it in the way of styling. It doesn't actually curl, but it does get nice waves that I can style with a little bit of hair gel. It's an easier way of life here for me.

Old 06-23-2020, 02:59 PM

250 posts, read 192,536 times
Ah gotcha, my bad. Glad you're happy

Old 07-02-2020, 06:26 PM

188 posts, read 91,219 times
They can use UV light to sanitize beds.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:27 AM

7,079 posts, read 9,880,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsothoreau View Post
They can use UV light to sanitize beds.
The sheets will be new so the only aspect is the comforter... also I think catching Covid19 from bedding is a miniscule risk. The virus does not survive that well on fabric.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/how-to...ur-hotel-room/

If you really want to be careful you could also keep your mask on for the duration of your visit in the hotel room, although a big inconvenience I think it will offer greater protection

Last edited by k374; 07-04-2020 at 08:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues