U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2021, 02:44 PM

100 posts, read 95,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlurryCat View Post
There are direct-expedited/exclusive load moving companies. The people who load the truck are the people who drive it to the destination and unload it. Only your stuff is on the truck and it never gets switched to another truck. You know exactly when the truck will arrive at the destination (the company I used gave me a 2 hr window on a Boston to Phoenix move).

The catch is that you will pay more. However, the contract I had was flat rate with no add-ons allowed - the quote was the price no matter what. So when they came to load in a blizzard and the truck wouldn't fit on the street because of snowbanks, and they had to send 4 extra guys in 2 small box trucks to shuttle everything down the street to where they could load the big truck, I didn't pay a penny extra (but I did tip extravagantly). For me the extra degree of comfort and certainty was worth it.

From one company's site:
If you don't mind, could you provide the name of the company? We might move from NY to VA. Would be concerned with my mid century modern furniture.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2021, 10:16 PM

719 posts, read 166,699 times
https://www.intelligentlabor.com/

That's is who I used. Unfortunately, it looks like they've stopped doing long-haul for a while due to the pandemic. They pay and treat their people well, and don't want them all over the country right now. Should be other companies still operating, though. Try these guys.

https://twomenandatruck.com/long-dis...ving/expedited

Old 01-02-2021, 02:44 PM

13,490 posts, read 4,416,102 times
I don't like to "name names" in a public forum, but be aware that the salespeople might tell you one thing and the contract might say something very different.

The salesman "guaranteed" that our belongings would arrive on the exact date we requested, but the CONTRACT said that it could be up to three full weeks later -- and that is what happened. So if I were to make a long distance move again, I would ask for the contracts (not filled in but just to see what their contract actually says) upfront.

Last edited by katharsis; 01-02-2021 at 03:45 PM..

Old 01-13-2021, 12:19 AM

4,030 posts, read 1,722,347 times
I was very happy with Mayflower moving my mom from nh to texas. They did estimate and packing. Then sent me a check for 800. Because weight was a little less than estimated (we threw out a bedroom set, mattresses, and some stuff after they did estimate.)
Everything arrived on time (about 4 days), and not broken.

Old 01-14-2021, 12:31 AM

3 posts, read 1,782 times
it really amazing to read it.............

Old 01-17-2021, 06:01 PM

3,336 posts, read 1,453,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Flo View Post
If you don't mind, could you provide the name of the company? We might move from NY to VA. Would be concerned with my mid century modern furniture.
OMG, we just moved from Westchester, NY to Virginia last week! We used Clancy Brothers Movers. They were great! Nice people!

Old 03-13-2021, 11:41 AM

13 posts, read 5,946 times
Depend on your requirement, there are many good providers which can cater to your need

Old 03-13-2021, 03:29 PM

9 posts, read 2,461 times
I've used Three Men & A Truck a couple times and have been happy with them. For us, it was back and forth from the midwest to the west coast, but they have offices and operate all over the U.S. from what I understand. They were cheaper than most of the other movers we contacted and I'd certainly use them again. No issues and they were good about communicating, both of which are somewhat rare in the moving industry from what I understand. Not sure if your son's moved yet, but they might be worth a ring if he's still exploring his options.

Old 03-16-2021, 08:34 AM

1 posts, read 296 times
If someone is moving from Phoenix or the valley area AZ to any state in the United States can use a very reliable long-distance or a local moving company called All Together Moving and Storage.

I have used this company before so I highly recommend their services for being professional, on time, and affordable.

Old 03-19-2021, 08:12 PM

14,683 posts, read 7,706,253 times
I'm wondering if anyone here has had any experience with Cross Country Movers? Got a quote from them and it all seems good, but my instincts are telling me it's too good and they claim the items packed into the truck aren't removed until they reach the moving to location. https://www.crosscountrymovers.info/
If anyone has had any experience with them, I'd love to hear it.

Last edited by marino760; 03-19-2021 at 08:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues