U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 05:28 AM

4 posts, read 3,955 times

Advertisements

I will ask in another thread but I would love any packing advice you have since I will be doing that soon.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2021, 10:19 AM

988 posts, read 904,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evebusse View Post
I will ask in another thread but I would love any packing advice you have since I will be doing that soon.
Ask away!

Old 04-10-2021, 08:31 PM

32,744 posts, read 51,577,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
The cubes are gone and they will be heading to NW Arkansas. I was concerned about exceeding the 2500 pound limit being I had a lot of tools in one. I did split them up but more was in one than the other one. He picked them both up with no problems. The driver did not call before heading this way and caught us by surprise. My 40' motorhome and car was in front of the cubes. We were able to pack it up and move it in about 20 minutes. I had the cubes ready except for putting the locks on. I took a picture of the cube number of each one plus a picture of the inside of each one.
That is good idea to remember
Also maybe photo of the driver and his truck

Old 04-11-2021, 01:40 PM

6,424 posts, read 10,384,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
The cubes are gone and they will be heading to NW Arkansas. I was concerned about exceeding the 2500 pound limit being I had a lot of tools in one. I did split them up but more was in one than the other one. He picked them both up with no problems. The driver did not call before heading this way and caught us by surprise. My 40' motorhome and car was in front of the cubes. We were able to pack it up and move it in about 20 minutes. I had the cubes ready except for putting the locks on. I took a picture of the cube number of each one plus a picture of the inside of each one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
That is good idea to remember
Also maybe photo of the driver and his truck
The driver & truck that picks up the 'Cubes only takes them as far as local ABF terminal, they then go on a long-haul trailer going toward their destination, where then they transfer to another local delivery truck. All done by ABF U-Pack. (If using a U-Pack trailer then your load stays on trailer but it is switched from local to long haul driver with other stuff going your way.)

Old 04-11-2021, 04:38 PM

In a few weeks I will be getting my two cubes delivered to my new home.

Old 04-16-2021, 04:36 PM

I called today for my two cubes to be delivered a week from today. I need to load up on the pain killers for unpacking them. I will let everyone know how everything rode.

Old 04-24-2021, 05:00 AM

I received my two cubes yesterday morning and they are already unloaded. Hardly anything moved in one cube and only a few items moved in the second cube. The entire process was very good and I would highly recommend them.

Old Today, 07:10 PM

My two cubes were picked up this morning. I have not found anything damaged in the move and I would highly recommend U-pack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues