U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 08:01 PM

1 posts, read 9 times

Advertisements

If you can’t be happy with your curren Partner would you move out of state and leave your child with him ? He’s a good father just a ****ty boyfriend. If you leave to your parents/family house he’ll make a scene their which ends up on you coming back to him bc you don’t want more problems. What would you do?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:43 AM

2,206 posts, read 1,522,690 times
Uh, this probably isn't the right sub-forum for that question. Maybe the Parenting sub-forum? Or Relationships.

Old Today, 12:12 PM

13,356 posts, read 6,811,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
Uh, this probably isn't the right sub-forum for that question. Maybe the Parenting sub-forum? Or Relationships.
Agree.

Before posting on a brand new social media forum first I'd read the TOS and post my question where I am most likely to get useful advice.

As for moving out of state and leaving my child with someone else just because I wasn't happy, no, I wouldn't. Once you become a parent your life is no longer your own. You gave birth to a person, you are responsible for them at least until they are of legal age. I'd find a way to mend the relationship or at least make a tolerable arrangement like an adult, not run away. You don't want "problems"? Life is a series of problems, not all of which you can leave behind.

Last edited by Parnassia; Today at 12:26 PM..

Old Today, 01:25 PM

10,796 posts, read 8,949,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah_remis View Post
If you can’t be happy with your curren Partner would you move out of state and leave your child with him ? He’s a good father just a ****ty boyfriend. If you leave to your parents/family house he’ll make a scene their which ends up on you coming back to him bc you don’t want more problems. What would you do?
If I was in your shoes (which I'm glad I'm not) I would leave the child in the full custody of the admittedly good father/****ty boyfriend and then I'd move out of state to live. And then I'd immediately get my tubes tied so I won't get pregnant again by the next current ****ty boyfriend that I take up with and I won't end up with the same kind of predicament again.

I think this thread should have been posted in the Parenting forum.

Old Today, 04:53 PM

6,875 posts, read 3,420,482 times
Seems like only the Relationships, or Non-Romantic Relationships, forums are the place for those types of personal discussions.

It's pretty dry here, with focus on logistics and non-emotional stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues