U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 01:32 AM

561 posts, read 1,994,198 times

Advertisements

We are selling our home and moving from SC to Western WA. We plan to travel across country in our car with our Miniature Schnauzer in July. What hotels don't mind dogs, and should we pre-register for every stop? I was going to try to drive between 400 and 500 miles each day but want to be sure that we have a dog-friendly place to stay. We like staying at Hampton Inns but I don't know if they allow dogs or not. Advice please?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:00 PM

13,409 posts, read 6,864,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightcopperkettles View Post
We are selling our home and moving from SC to Western WA. We plan to travel across country in our car with our Miniature Schnauzer in July. What hotels don't mind dogs, and should we pre-register for every stop? I was going to try to drive between 400 and 500 miles each day but want to be sure that we have a dog-friendly place to stay. We like staying at Hampton Inns but I don't know if they allow dogs or not. Advice please?
First, plan your route of travel and decide where you'll most likely stop each night. Be conservative. Allow more time to reach those destinations than you think you'll need. Things come up that can delay you (weather, traffic, road construction). Your dog will need pit stops during the daily drives. Google/Bing or whatever search engine you prefer is your friend! Once you have a good idea where you'll stop each night, search for pet friendly hotels there. Hotels that accept pets usually state it on their websites. Call them if unsure. Why not look up the Hampton Inns website for yourself? It took me about 2 seconds to find it. You can do this too. Almost guaranteed no one here can tell you what any individual Inn will charge for a pet. If you have questions about a specific Inn, call them! Definitely make reservations in advance in case they have a limited number of pet friendly rooms. Check how late in the day you can cancel without a penalty in case your plans change enroute.

Last edited by Parnassia; Today at 03:05 PM..

Old Today, 06:32 PM

1,889 posts, read 578,195 times
Extended Stay America is very dog friendly. Every time I have stayed at one, there have been many multiple dogs being walked in and out of the building.

I have heard Comfort Inn is dog friendly but I have no first hand experience with that myself.

I have no dog, but I will be moving soon and the drive is 2,400 miles. I am going to wing. I will not be reserving any rooms in advance. Between the AAA website and my "Hotel Tonight" app, I want to see if it is possible to make the entire trip with easy, convenient last minute stops for hotels. At worst, the experiment will fail. At best, it will work and I will no longer have to book everything in advance.

I can't advise you because I am still experimenting, but I am optimistic with the enormous number of tools we have today to make reserving and booking easy. I can stop for lunch at noon, guess where I will be at 5 pm and just book that night's hotel after lunch each day. We'll see how that works out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues