Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 05:11 AM

13,926 posts, read 39,275,326 times

Advertisements

You have made up your mind...you came here for a pat on the back & for someone to say go for it....

You also said that your job interview is 2 weeks away. So why are you not looking into housing for you & the kids....Day care situations. I dont think You have explored the option OF taking them... You have more explored the idea of just dumping the kids on who ever & to hick with the consiquences.

Seems strange that the 1st kid you raised & stuck by...but the younger 2 who were most likely planned kids you want to dump!

Deserting ones kids is a PARENTING issue Not a Moving issue...Why didnt you post this under the Parenting Forum???

Last edited by Katie1; 07-10-2008 at 05:24 AM..

Old 07-10-2008, 07:14 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,891,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Who is this and why is this, Lindsey?

Old 07-10-2008, 07:55 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
My kids are 18 & 20. One of them was living outside the home (she moved out on her own) and recently came back home. I had considered moving back down south recently and yes, it would have been without them. Jobs became a possibility recently and I did discuss at length what could, would happen if I moved. The kids at this age were okay with it but I wouldn't have done it at a younger age. It would have been too difficult for them. I have wanted to move back down south for years and it would have been a poor judgement call on my part if I had done that.
If you are considering it, I would really think a lot about it and think of your kids and if they can handle having their mom away.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:42 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Quote:

I cannot believe that you have all the time you spend to dig up stuff on this person who you do not know. You, yourself have many, many posts on C-D forums. What is your daughter doing all this time?

I think it is mean and vindictive. Why do you care so much to try to change this person? She asked for experiences, not opinions. Maybe those experiences would have helped make up her mind. Maybe some of those posts that actually answered her original question DID help her. I don't believe yours are.

I think if this is a subject so close to your heart, you should start your own thread asking if people think it is good to leave their children to follow their dreams. Then all the opinions instead of experiences would be justified to the question. And you can post it on the Parenting board.

Here's a shocker for ya-not everyone has that internal mothering instinct. Like it or not-not you nor a therapist can change that. Sometimes things happen for the best. Why can't you just leave it alone especially if you have no experiences to offer. You, who have anxiety issues and push therapy should understand what you are doing is not helping an already stressful situation. I would ask that instead of harassing the OP, you sit down and say a prayer that she make the right decision and to pray for those children also. Oh, yeah, that's right you don't believe in God.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:19 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
I cannot believe that you have all the time you spend to dig up stuff on this person who you do not know. You, yourself have many, many posts on C-D forums. What is your daughter doing all this time?

I think it is mean and vindictive. Why do you care so much to try to change this person? She asked for experiences, not opinions. Maybe those experiences would have helped make up her mind. Maybe some of those posts that actually answered her original question DID help her. I don't believe yours are.

I think if this is a subject so close to your heart, you should start your own thread asking if people think it is good to leave their children to follow their dreams. Then all the opinions instead of experiences would be justified to the question. And you can post it on the Parenting board.

Here's a shocker for ya-not everyone has that internal mothering instinct. Like it or not-not you nor a therapist can change that. Sometimes things happen for the best. Why can't you just leave it alone especially if you have no experiences to offer. You, who have anxiety issues and push therapy should understand what you are doing is not helping an already stressful situation. I would ask that instead of harassing the OP, you sit down and say a prayer that she make the right decision and to pray for those children also. Oh, yeah, that's right you don't believe in God.
Did I touch a nerve with my observations on her, did they come closer to fitting you? AND by the way, it took me about 60 seconds to find that picture with the help of google since so many seem to think this person isn't for real and posibly making up their post.

As for me, I work from home and while I am on the net, I am also working. My daughter is either home with me or spending time with a friend at the pool who is a registered nurse. My daughter has always been with me other then a couple of occasions when she has gone to visit family for a couple weeks.

My daughter comes first with me.
If someone has no maternal instinct then the children would be better off without that person.

As far as me suggesting a therapist, I rightly thought that the therapist would be MORE qualified in telling this person if it would adversly effect her kids if she abandoned them.

Sorry you don't seem to get that but that is after all about you.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:31 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times
your post is all over the place and makes no sense. You should have sent it as a DM instead of on the board.

Quote:

Old 07-10-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Did I touch a nerve with my observations on her, did they come closer to fitting you? AND by the way, it took me about 60 seconds to find that picture with the help of google since so many seem to think this person isn't for real and posibly making up their post.

As for me, I work from home and while I am on the net, I am also working. My daughter is either home with me or spending time with a friend at the pool who is a registered nurse. My daughter has always been with me other then a couple of occasions when she has gone to visit family for a couple weeks.

My daughter comes first with me.
If someone has no maternal instinct then the children would be better off without that person.

As far as me suggesting a therapist, I rightly thought that the therapist would be MORE qualified in telling this person if it would adversly effect her kids if she abandoned them.

Sorry you don't seem to get that but that is after all about you.
The only nerve you touched is that I feel that you hijacked her thread with your opinions instead of your experiences which is what she asked for. And I don't think that the personal attacks are helping this person at all.

You did not just suggest she see a therapist, you harassed her about it. I am sure that if she wanted a professional opinion, that is where she would go. Once again, (and you say I don't get it?) she did not ask for opinions.

I think it is great that your daughter is always with you. That works for you and hopefully for her. You have my respect for that.

No clue what you are talking about in your last line. This whole thread is not about me-or you for that matter. Like I said, start a new thread on the point you are trying to get across. Could be interesting, obviously.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
your post is all over the place and makes no sense. You should have sent it as a DM instead of on the board.

Doesn't make sense to you because it wasn't in response to what you said. I responded to a public comment. Maybe I should have DM'd. Sorry to bug you, you could have just passed by that post. Really.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:00 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times
per terms/rules of the board:Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments.

Quote:
Doesn't make sense to you because it wasn't in response to what you said. I responded to a public comment. Maybe I should have DM'd. Sorry to bug you, you could have just passed by that post. Really.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
per terms/rules of the board:Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments.

You're kidding, right? You post this to me??? With all the previous posts that were slinging around on this thread-dogging the OP with opinions that were not even in response to the original question? This, dear, was exactly what I was defending in the first place. All the posters "attacking the OP". I think you are barking up the wrong tree. Wow.

If you or anyone else disagrees with the OP, that is fine. My opinion either way does not matter-I simply provided an experience-which is what she asked for.

Now why are you attacking me? I don't think I have done anything to you. Good Lord, let it go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues