U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-18-2008, 06:50 PM
 
Location: Cushing OK
14,545 posts, read 19,747,125 times
Reputation: 16898

Advertisements

I'm still researching options on my move to OK, and it all comes out about the same no matter the choice. But I got a good quote from Oasis based on weight not volume and they have an inventory survey you can play with too. All of this sounds professional.

Anyone have experience with them? All my questions were answered well and completely and I very much like the they haul it in and out part. I've got a few more options to look inot but this sounds like a possibility.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 07-18-2008, 10:59 PM
 
Location: Cosmic Consciousness
3,871 posts, read 16,329,449 times
Reputation: 2678
There are five excellent nationwide moving and storage companies, which are dependable and won't make your possessions vanish, and will take responsibility within the limits of state laws: Allied, Atlas, Mayflower, North American, and United van lines. If a company is a franchisee of one of them, you've got the best assurance that your move will go well.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-19-2008, 01:14 AM
 
Location: Cushing OK
14,545 posts, read 19,747,125 times
Reputation: 16898
Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
There are five excellent nationwide moving and storage companies, which are dependable and won't make your possessions vanish, and will take responsibility within the limits of state laws: Allied, Atlas, Mayflower, North American, and United van lines. If a company is a franchisee of one of them, you've got the best assurance that your move will go well.
Thanks. I've been checking the blacklist and there seem to be a lot of companies that are bogus. I'm going to call and have an eyeball estamate. I was sprprised to learn that the regulation of moving companies is no more. No wonder there are so many flaky companies.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-19-2008, 07:35 PM
 
129 posts, read 541,580 times
Reputation: 78
Check out ripoff report about Oasis. Also the BBB. I think you'll change your mind. They are famous for false low ball bids and taking your stuff hostage.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-20-2008, 01:36 AM
 
Location: Cosmic Consciousness
3,871 posts, read 16,329,449 times
Reputation: 2678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_Person View Post
Check out ripoff report about Oasis. Also the BBB. I think you'll change your mind. They are famous for false low ball bids and taking your stuff hostage.
YES!! RIPOFF REPORT -- you're so right. I forgot about that site. Here's the link for reports on Oasis Moving:
Ripoff Report Search Results: oasis moving (http://www.ripoffreport.com/searchresults.asp?q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searc htype=0&submit2=Search%21&q5=oasis+moving&Search=S earch - broken link)

Wow! If this is in Las Vegas, according to these reports I would run as fast as possible in the opposite direction!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-20-2008, 04:49 AM
 
Location: Cushing OK
14,545 posts, read 19,747,125 times
Reputation: 16898
Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
YES!! RIPOFF REPORT -- you're so right. I forgot about that site. Here's the link for reports on Oasis Moving:
Ripoff Report Search Results: oasis moving (http://www.ripoffreport.com/searchresults.asp?q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searc htype=0&submit2=Search%21&q5=oasis+moving&Search=S earch - broken link)

Wow! If this is in Las Vegas, according to these reports I would run as fast as possible in the opposite direction!
I found multiple warnings in big letters not to use them... so they won't be getting my business. And I've specially bookmarked the blacklist. There is a message board on that site as well

I'm leaning towards a larger penske truck. Me, drivers and pets in one trip along with all the stuff, and no need to replace furnature. May be junky but its mine!

Also, you do know where it is... why I didn't check my baggage on the train.

I'm getting SO excited...
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-21-2008, 02:34 PM
 
Location: Cosmic Consciousness
3,871 posts, read 16,329,449 times
Reputation: 2678
Isn't planning fun!! I agree with you!
Only one thought about your Penske truck: some posters here on C-D have recommended that you drive more slowly than you normally would, because it takes time and many varied kinds of driving conditions and surprises to figure out how to handle a strange vehicle, let alone a truck.

I wish you all well, especially your pets. I'm sure you're planning on giving them lots of rest stops. One of my cats -- severe motion sickness! So we just adapt to those we love and go with the flow, eh? HAVE FUN!!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-21-2008, 05:09 PM
 
Location: Cushing OK
14,545 posts, read 19,747,125 times
Reputation: 16898
Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
Isn't planning fun!! I agree with you!
Only one thought about your Penske truck: some posters here on C-D have recommended that you drive more slowly than you normally would, because it takes time and many varied kinds of driving conditions and surprises to figure out how to handle a strange vehicle, let alone a truck.

I wish you all well, especially your pets. I'm sure you're planning on giving them lots of rest stops. One of my cats -- severe motion sickness! So we just adapt to those we love and go with the flow, eh? HAVE FUN!!
I won't be doing the driving but I'm sure we won't be speeding along based on the driver. Getting out of socal will probably mean a nice slow drive for that part anyway lol

I'm going to see if I can get something from the vet to keep my cat calmed down, and maybe something for motion sickness. My cat has an outdoor kitty visitor who comes to the door and they talk (which is very cute) but thats all she has to do with "outside". So between that and strangers which is go and hide time she'll be very stressed. Let her zone out through the experience. Shes a very small cat so I'd be sure to get it from the vet with the right weight

The moving away from family whammies are getting me too. Not making me feel like changing plans (which is good...otherwise anyone got a cheap apartment for rent?). The good thing about net culture is that most of my friends are scattered anyway and the rest are a phone call away, and even better a whole bunch of my net friends live near by the new home.

Got to call standard movers today. We're checking on prices for that too. Lots easier if someone else does the lifting. If he's willing to pay for it I'll go along.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-28-2009, 04:04 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
71 posts, read 491,270 times
Reputation: 134
Does anyone else find it interesting how almost everyone who responded to this thread has only 1 or 2 posts and they say pretty much the same thing about this company with the same broken English?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-28-2009, 04:09 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
71 posts, read 491,270 times
Reputation: 134
Check these out.

STAY AWAY from OASIS MOVING & STORAGE - [domain blocked due to spam]

Las Vegas Movers, OASIS MOVING & STORAGE, Las Vegas, NV : Reviews and maps - Yahoo! Local

Rip-off Report: Oasis Moving & Storage - Total Con Artists - Beware!!! Oasis Moving & Storage overcharged me $500, forced me to sign and agree to any charges they desired because if I didn't, they would keep my stuff. Las Vegas Nevada

Please Review:: Terms of Service

Two good and two bad. It didn't take too long to find plenty on the internet about Oasis. I personally have no opinion regarding them one way or the other....you be the judge.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top