Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2008, 08:33 AM

302 posts, read 580,361 times

Advertisements

okay, now this move seems like it really is going to happen. Either that or my stuff is going to head across the country with out us. We are finally moving from California and I am nervously excited. Our house has been on the market for 15 months and we have a closing date of the 8th. We have started the rounds of good byes which will be hard and I have yet to figure out how to handle the tenting of the house on Monday We have 2 dogs to deal with and finding a place that will take us and them- not easy. We are packing and tossing and tossing and tossing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 01:02 PM

294 posts, read 1,086,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof11 View Post
okay, now this move seems like it really is going to happen. Either that or my stuff is going to head across the country with out us. We are finally moving from California and I am nervously excited. Our house has been on the market for 15 months and we have a closing date of the 8th. We have started the rounds of good byes which will be hard and I have yet to figure out how to handle the tenting of the house on Monday We have 2 dogs to deal with and finding a place that will take us and them- not easy. We are packing and tossing and tossing and tossing!

We just did the same a couple of months ago, we moved from California to Connecticut and wish we had done it sooner. I'm sure you will find somewhere that will take your dogs, good luck on your move.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
we moved from California to Connecticut and wish we had done it sooner
That is good to hear, I keep hearing from my California friends about how cold it will be how miserable we will be, how we will regret moving. Thank you you made my day!

Old 07-28-2008, 03:34 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
Quote:
Try Motel 6. They say one dog but if its not obvious that there are two and your not staying a long time they don't make a fuss. Its basic but it is a quite liveable motel.

When we stop on our way to OK from here next month I'm going to be looking up one for my girls to be welcome (old dog,young cat)

Isn't it exciting to be moving? Either people like the place your moving or there is something wrong with it.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:07 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,061,158 times
isnt it possible that you can have your stuff moved by train cross country when your moving?

because if your moving across country doing that in my opinion could save you money! atleast i think?

Old 07-28-2008, 05:35 PM

294 posts, read 1,086,609 times
Quote:
That is good to hear, I keep hearing from my California friends about how cold it will be how miserable we will be, how we will regret moving. Thank you you made my day!
I'm glad i could ease the nervousness, we are originally from Scotland so the different climates here in Connecticut suit us fine, can't wait to see snow! I know i will probably regret saying that though. Even the thunderstorms are different from CA, much more dramatic, but kinda cool in a strange kind of way.

Are you moving to CT?

Old 07-28-2008, 06:33 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
We moved from AZ to NJ over a decade ago and loved it. The change of season, the closeness to NYC... fantastic! The best of luck to you!

We just moved again a couple of weeks ago and my one suggestion is PURGE as much as possible. I was shocked at some of the items I packed! And be as organized as possible, that will help tremendously with unpacking!

Old 07-28-2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Are you moving to CT?
no, we are moving to Michigan near Grand Rapids.

Quote:
We just moved again a couple of weeks ago and my one suggestion is PURGE as much as possible. I was shocked at some of the items I packed! And be as organized as possible, that will help tremendously with unpacking!
Good advice, I may need to go through umpteen many boxes to repurge!

Old 07-28-2008, 11:33 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,945,533 times
Welcome to MI! Lived here all my life 40+ yrs. Alas, my husbands work has taken him to Las Vegas and I will be heading out in 2 weeks to be with him. So unsure of this move but I told him I would give it an honest effort. I will not miss the cold. Change of seasons-yes.

Good luck to you!

Old 07-29-2008, 06:24 AM

Thanks Kimba, my kids are involved in competitive Bible Quiz and we went out to Vegas to compete (betcha never thought that was going on in "sin" city did ya!) as they quizzed with our district. There are some nice communities and if you get further out from the city some almost country living. It can get pretty cold in the winter too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues