Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2008, 09:40 AM

260 posts, read 947,221 times

Advertisements

Well...I have finally decided that we are moving to Philadelphia. My husband has looked for months for employment else where and did not get a definite offer...so...we are moving next week to Philadelphia and need to get a house and all that stuff...I am super stressed.
I wanted to ask if you knew which truck rental company has the most competitive prices? And if you know of any online discounts they might offer? I need to book that by the end of today cause we are going to definately move by next Friday the 15th..Ugh...just shoot me now please!

Thanks and any help, tips would be appreciated...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 02:07 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,945,533 times
Ugh is right! But on the other hand, I have been planning my move for a while and I am thinking it may have been better to not have had all the time to think about it. I am leaving on the 15th also. I am just taking a break from packing right now. My head is swirling. I am doing this alone because my husband is already there and has been for a month.

I researched many different ways of moving my stuff. I found the cheapest for me was a moving co. They come in and do all the wrapping of the furniture, break down the beds and load the stuff-at both ends. Definitely a better price than the pods. Now, if you are considering renting a truck-Penske is the way to go. Look online, they do give a discount if you have AAA. You can sign up for that on their site also. Also, be sure to check the prices at the different locations that they come from as those prices vary too.

When I weighed the gas, food, lodging and time, plus the hassle of driving for 3 days-and loading and unloading myself-it was much more cost efficient for me to go the moving co. route. This may not be for you-depends on your situation. Also, we have a leased vehicle which is due back Oct. 1st. I am just going to turn it in early-the gas to drive it was more than the payment, just to turn it in out there.

Good luck and if you have any other questions, you can DM me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues