Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 04:53 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,696,911 times

Advertisements

I'll find out next month
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 02:58 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
But, I lo
ved my hometown to begin with, and had no baggage regarding going back or living there. You definitely CAN go back, but not everyone WANTS to. I had no problem with it, I'll always cherish those years.
I had lots of baggage and didn't really want to go back except for the holiday. But the new home wasn't home yet. As soon as I got back in cali I started calling here HOME. But the place I lived had this invisible barrier between now and then. Strange sensation.

Everyone should try going back for a visit. Remember all those things you missed before you arrive and be prepared to see them as something that you really were glad to move from.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:00 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Some things are the same, which makes you realize why you left in the first place.
I have to agree with this. I moved back to Charlotte after years living in the Midwest, and the thing that continues to stun me is how things did NOT change. I left, had a very full life, came back . . . and nothing had changed.

That was not necessarily a good thing, LOL.

I have been back here in NC for six years now, and the longer I am here, the more I wonder if I dreamed up living elsewhere, b/c it is like I never left, as far as how quickly life "fell into its same pace" when I moved back home.

I think this is especially true if you have a lot of family where you grew up. Maybe it would be different if I didn't have a huge family here, who are still basically living the same lives in the same houses as they were when I left years ago.

So you may be surprised how little things have changed. And depending on your perspective, that may be wonderful - or NOT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues