Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 01:52 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,837,318 times

Advertisements

It doesn't have to be a UPS store but any mailbox place excepting the USPS might be able to work something out. I have worked at one before. More forms of ID and proof of residence are required. I would see if you can get someone on the phone and explain your situation. Sign up using the current residence you are vacating. When you have a new residence you can re-submit the paperwork. I am sure a lot of our customers were always on the move but wouldn't necessarily keep us updated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 05:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,873 times
Midas AG, I own The UPS Store of Fort Lauderdale, located in downtown Fort Lauderdale FL. I think you have resolved your problem by having the mail sent to your parents, but as an FYI: You can open a mailbox at the local The UPS Store by doing the following: Contact The UPS Store where you are interested in opening the mailbox and get them to fax you a blank Form 1583 and Mailbox agreement. Completing the Form 1583 and the mailbox agreement. Have the Form 1583 notarized. Fax both to the local The UPS Store along with two form of identification. Contact the local store and make arrangement for payment.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:35 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,682,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaUPS View Post
Midas AG, I own The UPS Store of Fort Lauderdale, located in downtown Fort Lauderdale FL. I think you have resolved your problem by having the mail sent to your parents, but as an FYI: You can open a mailbox at the local The UPS Store by doing the following: Contact The UPS Store where you are interested in opening the mailbox and get them to fax you a blank Form 1583 and Mailbox agreement. Completing the Form 1583 and the mailbox agreement. Have the Form 1583 notarized. Fax both to the local The UPS Store along with two form of identification. Contact the local store and make arrangement for payment.
This is good information to know, thanks! I'll be moving early next year and wasn't sure how I was going to arrange for interim mail delivery.

Thanks!

Old 08-07-2009, 10:31 PM

13 posts, read 35,675 times
Wonderful information. My family and I were just talking about this the other day on how we would rent a po box if we don't have a Washington ID when we move in October and proof of residence. Unless maybe if your living in a hotel you could use there address???

Old 08-17-2009, 02:42 PM

508 posts, read 1,107,584 times
Thank you everyone - I will also be looking into this option for the purposes of my resume contact info. I'm finding it difficult to get responses and I'm suspecting it may be due to my out of state address. I'll be swinging by my local post office as well as contacting the area I'm moving to in case one or the other isn't that flexible. Hope this works!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues