Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 09:58 AM

3,315 posts, read 10,091,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
i thought about the sublease. ..
Talk to the landlord and let him know what you'd like to do. If he/she does allow you to break the lease, he/she may negotiate on a few things:

* Hold you to a 30-day or more notification before moving;
* Keep the security deposit as an extra month that you would have been there;
* Ask you to help advertise the apt (i.e., put it on Craig's List, the local universities). The Fall semester is starting soon and if you're near a college, some students may be interested in your apartment. Or this maybe something you can offer as part of your deal.

You seem to know what you want. And it seems like it's getting worse staying where you are. I agree with others about staying at your current job and trying it out in Philly, at least for now. From there, you may feel a need to go further (i.e., Boston, NYC, Balto, DC--all within a few hours from your family).

Don't worry about your possessions. When you do find a place to stay it will make you feel more at home. And things like furniture and accessories are so expensive these days compared to just a few years ago. So if it's good quality, hang onto it. Best of luck to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 12:11 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,780 times
Ep- Do Not opt for the longer commute. You'll resent that decision sooner or later, likely sooner. With all the time we put into work, adding on a long commute just extends the work day beyond the necessary time cutting deeply into recreation time. Obviously you can find work nearer to an area you wish to reside in.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Ep- Ep- started this thread

2,080 posts, read 4,169,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Ep- Do Not opt for the longer commute. You'll resent that decision sooner or later, likely sooner. With all the time we put into work, adding on a long commute just extends the work day beyond the necessary time cutting deeply into recreation time. Obviously you can find work nearer to an area you wish to reside in.
If I do move I would like to keep my job at first until I can maybe find something closer. Job market kind of sucks now. if I could find something in the city then i could sell off my car and save tons of money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues