Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2015, 12:08 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,754,991 times

Advertisements

Gah, Angela, no rest for the weary! Time for more wine!

I pulled down another half dozen boxes out the attic, which has been renamed Treasure Island, yesterday. Lo and behold, there was the box filled with the old bottles that used to adorn my kitchen windowsill. Off to the consign lady they go.

Trashed some old auto manuals that won't sell and listed the rest on ebay.

Started another box for the consign lady with some more Fenton milk glass that is just as easy to give to her than list. More knick knacks in there, too.

Did that for three hours then realized it was waaay past dinner time for the horses, so I closed up the attic and proceeded as normal from there on out last evening. Needless to say I didn't make the end of the 8 o'clock movie and hit the hay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 08:49 PM

16 posts, read 25,757 times
CCcgirl, I'm not making it to the end of very many movies these days either! Usually, I'm a night owl, but I noticed I'm falling asleep by 9pm, if not 8pm now!.

You're definitely keeping the consignment lady busy!

Someone came by to pick up an old table we sold her today. But when it became obvious there was no way she was going to be able to fit it in the back of her car, and has been trying to repair her truck herself (but failing) in order to pick up the table, we decided to throw it in our car, and follow her home to move it for her. Actually, it felt like getting a break from our stuff.

I tried, AGAIN, to get some stains out of the my entry way steps, to no avail. I decided to throw in the towel, and call carpet cleaners tomorrow.

Today I cleaned blinds, packed some more boxes, did laundry, and generally cleaned to put the house on the market.

I also obsessed about the weather for moving day on Wednesday

Old 05-04-2015, 10:50 AM

22,314 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Got bf to go through the desk draws. We'll start on the small outside storage Wed. I have the bed on CL. If not bites by Wed I'll just list it as free to get it out

Old 05-04-2015, 11:19 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,754,991 times
Spent the morning shipping off last nights' ebay auctions. We had a nice few last minute bidders.

Ang, you are on fire. All that sleep is a good thing. What have you tried for the stain? Do you know what it is?

Himain, that's great your SO is getting on board.

Keep plugging away, all

Old 05-04-2015, 01:07 PM

10,113 posts, read 19,392,592 times
All these suggestions about wine, etc.....that would put me right to sleep! If I'm tired to begin with, one drink and I'm out like a light! I never could understand the mindset----the drunker the better, but to each his own

Old 05-04-2015, 03:34 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,723,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
All these suggestions about wine, etc.....that would put me right to sleep! If I'm tired to begin with, one drink and I'm out like a light! I never could understand the mindset----the drunker the better, but to each his own

I have never heard of that mindset the drunker the better? What are you talking about?

Old 05-04-2015, 08:18 PM

440 posts, read 533,467 times
Yesterday I took a trunkload of stuff to Goodwill; starting a new collection for the next run. So far today I've packed a shorty wardrobe and a big box of games and puzzles; planning to do one or two boxes of china later. Husband had a state agriculturist examine, treat, and certify two large house plants so he can take them to California. I learned that we won't be selling the piano (potential buyer has to pay to remove two dead trees so can't afford it). I guess we're taking it with us, which doesn't really make me sorry. I threw a bunch of junk out, including junky winterwear, and fit the rest of my hats/gloves/scarves into a tall wardrobe box. I wish I could get rid of it all, but we will be visiting relatives potentially during cold and snowy times.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:28 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,556,309 times
We had professional photographs taken of our home today for the listing.
I Got some anxiety meds filled today. Moving its a stresser!
I arranged for a lawn service for the next few months since hubby is leaving before the rest of us.
Had the plumber come today to fix a leaky drain.
Arranged for a tune-up on our A/C.
Called the window washer.
It was productive.

Old 05-05-2015, 01:06 PM

22,314 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Bf decided we need to move sooner (Great) so I switched the dates for movers, direct tv install and century link install. Spoke with State Farm about renters insurance. Got bf to cancel his gym. Made a list of stuff to do for tomorrow as we basically have 1.5 days together of packing. I work Mothers Day night. Then I get Lasik next Wed and then we move Sunday the 17th!! So it's time to get cracking!

Old 05-05-2015, 02:49 PM

440 posts, read 533,467 times
Went out for a Cinco de Mayo lunch and forgot how strong one margarita could be. Yes, a drink does make everything seem more manageable. Fortunately packed the four boxes of china yesterday. This is probably a good afternoon to go through old papers -more likely to say, don't need that, don't need that, don't even know what that is, don't need that, don't know why I ever kept that, don't need that, keep that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues