Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 11:44 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,809,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
No, it isn't.

Perhaps with local tourism for people in the NYC metro and Pennsylvania. No one flies from Colorado to visit the Delaware Water Gap. Anyone saying otherwise doesn't have a clue.

I'll try to type it out in a simple fashion so everyone can understand:

Local tourism does NOT equal national tourism. The Del Water Gap is a local attraction. Great Smoky Mountains National Park has been rated the most visited national park in the U.S., and in case you couldn't put two and two together, it's not just from in-state Tennessee and North Carolina visitors.

Here's the reality: People fly and drive from across the country to visit Memphis, Nashville, and the Great Smoky Mountains. The only two areas of NJ that draw ANY significant out-of-state tourism are Atlantic City and Cape May, on a MUCH smaller scale. 9/10 tourists just use NJ as a transit stop to get to New York City and Philadelphia. Does it feel good to be used?

....I'm not from Tennessee.

I live in New Jersey.

Do you notice that you have no valid argument that NJ is a more dangerous state. You're going off into an argument about tourmism . It's safe to say TN may be more toured (or not- IDK/IDC) but it is the more dangerous state to a larger degree.
You're in denial.

Flee the state already, I don't know what's holding you back, but someone that holds that much hatred living in a place is just unhealthy.

~~
EDIT- Accidentally quoted 66nexus

Last edited by BPerone201; 06-15-2010 at 11:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 11:49 AM

1,194 posts, read 4,125,728 times
Crime in Philadelphia is really running ramped. Criminals shoot policemen and women so they may not be on a list of crime....

In my opinion Wilmington Delaware is an older city that is just OK and not riddled with crime. My brother lives there and he never had a problem.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:51 AM

2,106 posts, read 6,628,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy1 View Post
Crime in Philadelphia is really running ramped. Criminals shoot policemen and women so they may not be on a list of crime....

In my opinion Wilmington Delaware is an older city that is just OK and not riddled with crime. My brother lives there and he never had a problem.
//www.city-data.com/city/Wilmington-Delaware.html

26 homicides for 75,000 people is certainly not good... at all.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:18 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,958,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Do you notice that you have no valid argument that NJ is a more dangerous state.
It's ridiculous that NJ was even brought up in the first place.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:26 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,759,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy1 View Post

Yea, Wilmington actually has a very large crime issue.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:59 PM

6 posts, read 31,166 times
Detroit area alone should be enough for Michigan to be in the top 10

Old 06-15-2010, 09:52 PM

6,350 posts, read 11,580,635 times
It's been suggested that the crime stats are high in TN because the way they are reported. Can't really comment how it compares to other states.

But one thing I can say is the VAST majority of crimes happen between people who know each other. Could be a crime of passion or more likely drugs are involved. Especially the more serious crimes.

Here i am < 1 mile from the center of the #3 city and I've just come in from walking my dog at 11 p.m. Old lady, small dog, still no worries. My front door is open to let the breezes blow through. Now there are parts of town that I would't feel so secure, but the point I'm trying to get across is that crime is not a matter of everyday concern for most Tennesseans.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:04 PM

170 posts, read 347,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Tennessee has bad crime everywhere - Knoxville, Chattanooga, Nashville (one of the worst), and many little po-dunk cities/ghettos in the middle of nowhere that are depressed and have high crime. Their crime problem is not limited to their cities.
^^^^THIS^^^^. There are plenty of places in the "sticks" down here where a meth head will still anything you have. They'll steal your car, kick in your door if they think you have money or drugs. And they will kill you quick down here. And I'm not talking about Memphis, Nashville, Chattown, or Knoxville...I'm talking about Newport, Morristown, Jackson, heck there's quite a few towns with less than 50k people that are drug and crime infested down here. The drug problem is something fierce here, especially meth. Now in all fairness, lots of the crime is committed in drug-drug or gang-gang fashion. So in many instances if you are not mingling where you shouldn't be it IS in fact safe. But overall, for someone who was born in Tampa, lived in East Cleveland Ohio, Charelston WV, and now Knoxville...Tennessee is pretty freaking crazy! I worked in the ER at The University of Tennessee Medical Center for 10 yrs (level 1 trauma center). There were COUNTLESS shootings, machete attacks, stabbings, rapes/beatings that happened way out in the country. I think that's what's confusing folks. Its not just the city's here. If that were the case Michigan would be #1 on the list every year. You can look at these rankings year in and year out...Tennessee will be top 5-6.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:14 PM

6 posts, read 5,183 times
New Mexico?? Non sense! Lived here my whole life been everywhere in the state and not only is it extremely beautiful and has the best food EVER but I have NEVER had any problems with crime, especially in Albuquerque it's largest city. Whoever typed up that list is truely ignorant to the state of NM itself.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:14 AM

711 posts, read 1,497,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
Yea, Wilmington actually has a very large crime issue.
It's the #8 most dangerous city in America...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.