Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 05:46 PM

21 posts, read 29,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomahawk72 View Post
Tempe...for the hot ASU girls.
this is really nice reason to let me go there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 05:54 PM

I want add another city ..
what about orlando in florida?
is it a good place to learn english there?
social life, what about it? are they frindly?
crime, is it dangerous city or safe?
i'm waiting

Old 06-10-2010, 06:22 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,606,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i will View Post
it's not bad, but I want study engineering and it's so difficult in this city.

if u have another suggestion i'll be here to read it.

There's also Houston,Dallas and San Antonio here's some sites on those cities Dallas and San Antonio have UT branch campuses and other schools I know UT has engineering.

Visit Houston Texas - Tourism, Houston Events, Special Offers, Info & More! - Greater Houston CVB

Greater Houston Partnership | Advocacy for Houston's Business Community

University of Houston

Rice University

Dallas

Home - Dallas Regional Chamber

Dallas Events, Hotels, Meetings, Shopping, Dining, and More! - VisitDallas.com

Home Page - The University of Texas at Dallas

The University of Texas at Arlington - UT Arlington - UTA

San Antonio

San Antonio Texas official vacation and visitor information. San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau. :: VisitSanAntonio.com

Greater San Antonio Chamber of Commerce

UTSA: University of Texas at San Antonio

Old 06-10-2010, 06:56 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,716,003 times
If you are going to look at Texas, and you are interested in engineering, you might also look at Texas A & M University in College Station, Texas. The cost of living there is relatively low, and the university there has an outstanding engineering department.

Old 06-11-2010, 05:31 AM

^
^
study engineering in texas so defficult, that's why I don't want to go there.
\

so, what about orlando in florida is it good to learn english there?
what about social life and crimes?
if there is any one can talk about orlando?

Old 06-12-2010, 04:39 AM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Old 06-15-2010, 04:32 PM

7 posts, read 14,773 times
Default Don Not Move to Santa Barbara

If your English is not good - even if it is - SB is NOT friendly - unless you have MEGA Money.

People are NOT friendly. Quit trying to make friends and left after 1 year. Have lived all over the US and these people think their SH** does not Stink.

Cost of living is INSANE! Forget it on your budget.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:25 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,414,717 times
Santa Barbara has the most to do and would be the most fun. Girls will be just as hot if not hotter than Tempe (beach babes). You can probably live OK on 1850 if you know how to budget.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:55 PM

^
THANKS FOR BOTH OF U
،
but actully i decided to go to orlando to learn english there .. many ppl say it's nice city and ppl there are friendly ^_^
/
if u can give me some advice or some info. about orlando I am here to read it ^_^

Old 06-16-2010, 08:04 PM

2 posts, read 2,549 times
I grew up in Southern California. There's no way you can make it Santa Barbara on $1850 a month. You can get a studio apt there but it will take almost all of your monthly budget. Then you still have utilities, food, essentials, misc expenses, etc. It's not a very friendly town to outsiders either, especially if you have trouble speaking English. Arizona would probably be the best for you. Great education, good nigh life, friendly people (for the most part) and lots of things to do. Does get hot there but you adjust. Crime is everywhere, you won't find a city without it. If you stay away from the drug and gang scene you won't really be affected by it. I think that could be true of anywhere you go in the world. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.