Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 09:50 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,094,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
It's fine. I understand what you're talking about with the Boston coastline...most of Boston was a marsh which was filled in...in fact I'm sitting in an area that would have been apart of the that marsh.

When you were talking about Boston's infill, I thought you were saying we had filled in beaches in the suburbs haha.
I thought that might be how you read it. Perhaps it was bad/confusing word choice on my part.

At any rate, I'm sure you (being a native) can speak about Boston and its coastline better than I can, and I never meant to bash Boston. Just, from my experience (LOTS of time in both Boston and Chi as well as many other places across America), I don't think that Boston offers the best or most convenient selection of what the OP wants-- particularly, hot summers and lots of easily accessible coastline. I may have overreacted to your post, but that is mostly because I didn't think that my post was aggressive or objectionable enough for anybody to take issue with it. You seem like a good, level-headed poster, so I just wanted to set this all straight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 03:26 AM

6 posts, read 8,828 times
Thanks for the answers guys.
The best bet for me to go is Chicago or NY state?
It sounds good but I will definitely look in Boston and San Diego as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.