Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2011, 03:37 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,286,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgonzalez12 View Post
Boring south? What part of the south did you live in? lol. I mean no offense man but aside from Chicago there is nothing in the mid-west that is more exciting then the south. I mean in my opinion Chicago couldn't compare to places like Miami and New Orleans but thats just me. I don't know anyone that would say the south is boring especially compared to middle America. Sorry bro but as far as nightlife, culture, and all around relevance the south beats the mid-west. Stars have homes in Miami, Atlanta, and New Orleans...not Cleveland, Detroit, and Indianapolis lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalie Brown View Post
The Midwest is America's wool sweater, hun. Outside of Chi-town there's little flavor. Bland as a hotdish.
Where are your minds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 12:42 AM

322 posts, read 614,354 times
ok first of all if people are going to talk crap about the south then i sure will talk crap about the mid-west...and yes i know about alot of things besides partying. The south is more diverse then the mid-west. There is a rich blend of international culture in many cities across the south including Haitian, Jamaican, Mexican, Cuban, Puerto Rican, Brazilian, Colombian, ext. The beaches are way better in the south. Orlando is the family vacation destination capitol. One of the strongest factors in the rapid growth of cities like Austin, Atlanta, Raleigh, Tampa, Nashville, and Charlotte are their well groomed middle class suburbs perfect for families with virtually no crime.
Now the reason I mention the traffic is because when people think of the south they think of slow moving country towns and therefor make statements like "southern states lack energy")
And though i do not condone crime a great deal of it is done because people must survive in an environment they were born in. I'm not saying people can't be successful without crime if they are in the hood but sometimes the option of school is not always around...therefor I would say that the effort displays energy and emotion.
And actually a great deal of film production has moved into Atlanta bringing a great deal of actors, directors, producers, and entire studios to the area. And many music artists move to studios in Miami from Los Angeles. Many bands and athletes live in Miami such as Chicago natives, Fall Out Boy. Many actors have or have once had homes in New Orleans such as Nicholas Cage, Billy Bob Thorton, John Goodman, Emeril, Sandra Bullock, Brad Pitt, and Angelina Jolie.
So excuse me for getting defensive when someone says that the south lacks energy and emotion

Old 07-31-2011, 11:12 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,146,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgonzalez12 View Post
ok first of all if people are going to talk crap about the south then i sure will talk crap about the mid-west...
"You started it! Nanny nanny boo-boo!"

Old 07-31-2011, 11:15 AM

464 posts, read 832,271 times
Children.....

Old 07-31-2011, 11:18 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,356,662 times
There is an ungodly amount of total ignorance in this thread, from posters from both the North AND the South. Give it a damn rest.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:07 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,551,112 times
Southern Indiana is way too far South as it is. I'll be glad to move up North again. Looking at moving to Des Moines next after getting things squared away first.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:00 PM

23 posts, read 62,248 times
yes

Old 08-01-2011, 04:22 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,355,794 times
I would never want to move south of the Mason-Dixon line. St. Louis was absurdly right-wing Christian to me (not the city, the suburbs) so you can imagine how much I'd hate living in a hellhole like Texas. One exception would be SoCal.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:27 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,566,339 times
Not having a car and relying on trains and subways, I can't really move to the South.

Really, I just have different expectations out of where I want to live that make me happier in a northern city than a southern one.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:37 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,909,968 times
Although the current trend is to move southward, I'm wondering if this summer's heat wave might convinve some to stay put, and even attract some to move northward in order to escape the never-ending heat. Housing prices may be cheaper down south, but enduring a summer with 90 days above 90 degrees is not my cup of tea; I'll take 10 degrees and snow any day...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.