Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 10:12 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,360,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
more developable land? reversion to the mean?

i'm embarassed on behalf of Atlantans, that the AJC allowed this to be published. who is Lakeia Brown, and why does Atlanta need validation from her?
We don't need validation from her, ex-New Yorkers, or anyone else for that matter.

The AJC has become nothing less than an embarassment in almost every way, sadly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 10:42 AM

16,696 posts, read 29,511,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
i read this article a few months ago, and it had me so irritated. it's the perfect example of the punk, arrogant ny'er:
40,000 New Yorkers Flee State for Atlanta - July 11, 2008 - The New York Sun ...they set up camp in the suburbs and then complain there's nothing vibrant about the city. idiots.

(see highlighted above)

Yes! And that's a big problem--people wanting a "vibrant/city feel" but they moved to Towne Lake/Woodstock or Suwanee...!

It's like me moving to Metro NYC and demanding a "vibrant/city feel" while living in West Islip, Bay Shore, or Dix Hills!

Old 06-30-2010, 11:30 AM

2,106 posts, read 6,630,373 times
To be honest, I wouldn't live in 75% of NYC (NYC is not all glam, fame, and beautiful urban neighborhoods), but if I made enough money, the other 25% would suit me fine. I just don't understand how openly negative some New Yorkers are about other areas of the country -- most of which they have 0 experience with or room to talk about.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:53 AM

4,035 posts, read 10,294,044 times
She's obviously from Queens. No Manhattanite would cite Godiva as an example of fine chocolate.

But seriously, the OP posted it to embarrass New Yorkers rather then comment on Atlanta.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:15 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,360,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpk-nyc View Post
She's obviously from Queens. No Manhattanite would cite Godiva as an example of fine chocolate.

But seriously, the OP posted it to embarrass New Yorkers rather then comment on Atlanta.
Sorry tpk, but I have to honestly disagree with you here.

The OP is one of the most sane, even-tempered and respected members of the Atlanta forum. That simply is not his style.

Perhaps if you lived on our end, you would realize why he posted it. We take a LOT of collective heat from many of your former neighbors (please notice I said many, not all by any means).

Old 06-30-2010, 12:33 PM

492 posts, read 1,027,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
that's what i wanted to know. it's just more of the same "new yorker moves out of their precious bubble into a city they deem beneath them"

and many of them still haven't realized that we couldn't give a damn about some raggedy pizza and bagels down south.

i read this article a few months ago, and it had me so irritated. it's the perfect example of the punk, arrogant ny'er:
40,000 New Yorkers Flee State for Atlanta - July 11, 2008 - The New York Sun ...they set up camp in the suburbs and then complain there's nothing vibrant about the city. idiots.

(disclaimer: the above does not apply to all new yorkers)
Amen to that! ....Truer words never spoken.

Old 06-30-2010, 05:58 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,731,967 times
the op's post does seem like another ny bashing post, regardless if they don't usually bash ny.

as for the raggedy pizza and bagels, many southerners are fat for nothing. The food down there is garbage in comparison...if you're gonna eat fried everything and get fat off of everything, at least let it taste good.

oh, to sugar coat it like the other user did when talking about "raggedy pizza and bagels," the above isn't towards every atl resident.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:28 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,845,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
the op's post does seem like another ny bashing post, regardless if they don't usually bash ny.

as for the raggedy pizza and bagels, many southerners are fat for nothing. The food down there is garbage in comparison...if you're gonna eat fried everything and get fat off of everything, at least let it taste good.

oh, to sugar coat it like the other user did when talking about "raggedy pizza and bagels," the above isn't towards every atl resident.
ooooh, guess i struck a nerve

Old 06-30-2010, 07:08 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,731,967 times
na u didn't. I just wanted to make it a lil more even with the ny bashing that was going on.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:28 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,845,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
na u didn't. I just wanted to make it a lil more even with the ny bashing that was going on.
nah, it's not even. because people down here are actually cool and open-minded. if new yorkers are tired of people talking about them, maybe they should stop being so arrogant and shallow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.