Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 01:06 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,585,236 times

Advertisements

I saw a Hooters just off I39 in Janesville, WI on my way to Chicago last month. Other than that, I'm not familiar with any outside the South, but then I don't seek them out. I know there are tons in the Southeast, as I have relatives in FL and GA and travel down there once or twice a year. RE: Redneck, I believe it is a cultural thing, not geographical. There are Rednecks in all 50 states primarily in rural areas, though proportionally more in the South.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 01:37 PM

767 posts, read 2,291,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
. RE: Redneck, I believe it is a cultural thing, not geographical. There are Rednecks in all 50 states primarily in rural areas, though proportionally more in the South.
One time I camped in Ohio. That place was redder than anything in the South.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:29 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,693,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MALIBU89 View Post
Hooters is such a southern redneck thing.

Perhaps that explains it?
Southern? Kinda. Redneck? no..

What can I say, we love our good looking women in the southeast. Not only did the south start hooters, but we also have Winghouse, Sport Clips, etc.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:37 PM

893 posts, read 2,864,012 times
How is Hooters considered Redneck? We have them here in the NYC area as well, everyone seems to love their wings.

Doesn't the south have more beauty pageant winners as well. Very attractive region down there. Plus those southern accents are to die for. Jemmye from Real World anyone?

Old 07-11-2010, 03:50 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,748,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth08 View Post
How is Hooters considered Redneck? We have them here in the NYC area as well, everyone seems to love their wings.

Doesn't the south have more beauty pageant winners as well. Very attractive region down there. Plus those southern accents are to die for. Jemmye from Real World anyone?
I'm tired of the stereotypes, even the good ones. There are attractive women down here, but please don't think that every town across the South is full of beauty pageant girls. We, like every region of the country, have attractive, unattractive, and everything in between. If you came to my hometown Wal-Mart in TN you wouldn't think you were in a "very attractive region" I'm not hating, just being honest. I give Southern women the edge more for their personalities & values, not because they somehow look better than women in other regions.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:49 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,517,756 times
It also could be due to where the competition is as well.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:57 PM

16,072 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1000 View Post
Is it a reflection of just how beauty pageants play a larger role in the culture of the US South, more than any other part of America?
This would be my guess.
Living in the north I only knew one girl that did pageants and for her it was more of an extracurricular activity than anything else. Not really too much different than being a cheerleader.
The girls I know in the south that do it consider it serious business, spending a lot of time, effort and money on it. It's more like a way of life for at least one girl I know of here.
To me it just seems like being involved beauty pageants is more acceptable to southern girls and their families.

Old 07-11-2010, 06:23 PM

1,975 posts, read 5,213,745 times
I never associated Hooters with being southern, being that I have seen them in San Diego, Cleveland, and Chicago. Although it does appear to be more popular in the South. I do associate pageants as being more popular in the South though.

Old 07-11-2010, 06:52 PM

6,077 posts, read 9,107,153 times
I think that Hooter's is a "fun in the sun" chain, more that being an everyday american chain

That is why there is more in the South

And on the southern girls topic, I really don't believe that the South has a larger percentage of attractive women

Old 07-11-2010, 08:38 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,645,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Lakes View Post
I never associated Hooters with being southern, being that I have seen them in San Diego, Cleveland, and Chicago. Although it does appear to be more popular in the South. I do associate pageants as being more popular in the South though.
I'm agreeing with you here because I never thought it was a Southern redneck place:Locations
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.