Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 09:31 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,073,472 times

Advertisements

^^^^
You guys keep right on drinking that Conservative Kool-Aid. I bet it tastes like babies' tears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 09:37 PM

648 posts, read 1,618,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
Obama has spent more time on vacations in his 2 years than Bush did in his 8 years as President. Bush quit golfing when the wars started because he felt it would be disrespectful to be out golfing when soldiers are out dying for this country. Clearly you are ignorant of this whole matter. Obama is golfing, fly fishing, playing basketball, calling up athletes to "congratulate them," vacationing in Hawaii, vacationing at a lake in Russia, vacationing in Yellowstone, vacationing at Martha's Vineyard, and vacationing at the Grand Canyon. Do you know how much the house costed us tax payers at Martha's Vineyard to RENT on his little vacation? $20 million. And do not even get me started on the oil spill. Remember how much liberals cried during Katrina about Bush even though Bush had FEMA down there quicker than Obama made any gesture to the oil spill? Why you ask was New Orleans such a lawless dump after Katrina? BECAUSE OF NEW ORLEANS poor planning, their ignorance, their arrogance, and their stupidity. Not Bush's.

"Later, it was found that FEMA had provided these supplies, but that FEMA Director Michael D. Brown was greatly surprised by the much larger numbers of people who turned up seeking refuge and that the first wave of supplies were quickly depleted.[4] The large numbers were a direct result of the insufficient mobilization and evacuation before Katrina's arrival, primarily due to city and state resistance to issuing an evacuation order and risk "crying wolf" and losing face should the hurricane had left the path of model prediction. Had contra-flow on highways been initiated sooner and more buses begun evacuating families (including the idle school buses that were not used at all) the numbers of stranded New Orleans occupants would have been significantly less making the initial wave of FEMA supplies adequate and even excessive."
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_government_response_to_Hurricane_Katr ina#Evacuation_process_criticism

Now for the oil spill.

Or what about the fact that Obama's spending dwarfs Bush's? How about this? http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/54400 (broken link)
And this. http://blog.heritage.org/2009/02/26/...80%99s-budget/

So good for the economy I know right?

Last edited by RussianIvanov; 07-27-2010 at 09:46 PM..

Old 07-27-2010, 09:42 PM

129 posts, read 191,575 times
Quote:
And now that we have an intelligent president who just happens to be black, all of these frustrated white men with a sense of entitlement , tag all the problems on him.
WTF? Where the hell did race come into this? It's like liberals can't comprehend any other reason for not liking someone other than the color of their skin. Did you never think that perhaps conservatives don't like Obama cause they in fact don't see him as intelligent. I'm sorry, but an ivy league degree does not qualify one to be President.

Quote:
If this was Europe or anywhere else people will be marching down Wall Street.
And this is why the US economy absolutely dwarfs any economy in "Europe or anywhere else".

Old 07-27-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
^^^^
You guys keep right on drinking that Conservative Kool-Aid. I bet it tastes like babies' tears.
Nah, I prefer beer.

RussianIvanov - I agree with you sir, but stop focusing on vacations. It distracts from the real issue that progressive policies are killing our country. To tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind if Obama went on vacation for the rest of his term and didn't do anything else. Hell, I'd pay to have the President and all members of Congress and Senate to go on a paid vacation for the next five years. Our economy would recover much more quickly that way.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:46 PM

291 posts, read 752,261 times
But yet you think that George Bush (who has never read a book cover to cover) and Sarah Palin and that senile dimwit Mclain are intelligent? Is that the best you can do?

Old 07-27-2010, 09:50 PM

648 posts, read 1,618,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittNewbie View Post
But yet you think that George Bush (who has never read a bok cover to cover) and Sarah Palin and that senile dimwit Mclain are intelligent? Is that the best you can do?
Yes, surely only an idiot would go to Harvard and Yale. Tell me Einstein, where did YOU go to college?

Old 07-27-2010, 09:51 PM

I don't care if they're intelligent or not. All I care is that they stop fu**ing with our lives and stop antagoning businesses.

Quote:
But yet you think that George Bush (who has never read a bok cover to cover) and Sarah Palin and that senile dimwit Mclain are intelligent? Is that the best you can do?
I love how you think you can judge intelligence anyways.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:55 PM

291 posts, read 752,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
Yes, surely only an idiot would go to Harvard and Yale. Tell me Einstein, where did YOU go to college?

Its called Affirmative action for the rich and powerful. Bush is a dumb as a door knob easily manipulated by Dick Cheney. What great speah did this fool ever deliver?.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:56 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,073,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
Legacy preferences - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-27-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Its called Affirmative action for the rich and powerful. Bush is a dumb as a door knob easily manipulated by Dick Cheney. What great speah did this fool ever deliver?.
-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.