Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 11:36 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,991,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I made that point earlier. So many women these days dye their hair blonde you can't really tell. I think you should only pay attention to the men if you want to know what the "natural" hair color of the local populace is.
I think you can tell who's natural and who isn't by looking at the parts of the hair closest to the scalp of the woman in question. Bottle ones have darker roots than the legit natural blondes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2018, 07:08 AM

20,861 posts, read 9,524,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrconfusion87 View Post
I think you can tell who's natural and who isn't by looking at the parts of the hair closest to the scalp of the woman in question. Bottle ones have darker roots than the legit natural blondes.
Yeah that's true, that's what I usually look at, but when you're just able to get a glance at someone you can't always look hard enough to tell.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:32 AM

14,352 posts, read 17,017,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrconfusion87 View Post
It's not always obvious. I mean yeah, you can tell when someone with dark brown or black hair bleaches platinum blond. But in my experience the going blond thing is much, much more common among women who have light brown/dirty blond hair. Probably a lot of them started out blond as children and were unhappy with the color their hair faded to. It's rare to see a woman with this sort of natural intermediate hair color -probably because their stylist always suggests highlights to "brighten it up" and then they're sort of stuck having to do touch up forever.

Old 11-29-2018, 01:01 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,312,007 times
Default 40 Flaxen Facts about Blonde Hair

Northern Europe has the most blondes. However, even most natural blonde babies lose their blonde hair once puberty sets in. Additionally, women find that after their first pregnancy, their hair and skin darken permanently.

While blonde hair is a recessive gene, it is not a disappearing gene. The World Health Organization and others erroneously published a report that claimed people with blonde hair would become extinct by 2202.

Blonde women are more susceptible to age-related macular degeneration (AMD), an eye condition that can cause blindness.

According to several surveys, men do not prefer blondes—at least not as serious mates. Men prefer brunettes as long-term partners because they view them as more reliable and steady.

https://www.factretriever.com/blonde-hair-facts

Old 11-29-2018, 01:04 PM

1,083 posts, read 1,035,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Looking it up I'd think Idaho, Iowa, North Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming would be pretty high. They're all over 90% white with the white population being mostly Germanic peoples. (Dutch, English, German, and Scandinavian) Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont would also be possibilities although I'd guess they're being mentioned less as their populations have a strong amount of "French Canadians" and Irish descended people.

If you want raw number I guess California could be high because it's a high population. Wisconsin might fit better though as it's nearly 90% white, largely Germanic, and has around 6 million people. There's also Pennsylvania, which is larger and is like 85% white I think it says. If you want something in "The South" Kentucky is nearly 90% white with British (English, Irish, and Scottish) descent predominating I believe. Granted that might make it more the place for red-heads, but blonds weren't uncommon among those peoples. If you don't count Kentucky as Southern, as it wasn't in the Confederacy, than Tennessee and Arkansas are around 80% white.

State and County QuickFacts

You want a specific city the following might fit.

Boise, Idaho - Just because it's bigger than most of these.
Dubuque, Iowa - 46% German descended.
Duluth, Minnesota - Significant majority is German or Scandinavian if I read it right.
Eau Claire, Wisconsin - 70% German, Norwegian, or Swedish descent if I read it right.
Fargo, North Dakota - 82% German, Norwegian, or Swedish descent if I read it right.

I'd guess Duluth and Fargo might be the way to go then.
I can attest to Duluth. A ton of Nords up here.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:37 PM

30 posts, read 31,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
Northern Europe has the most blondes. However, even most natural blonde babies lose their blonde hair once puberty sets in. Additionally, women find that after their first pregnancy, their hair and skin darken permanently.

While blonde hair is a recessive gene, it is not a disappearing gene. The World Health Organization and others erroneously published a report that claimed people with blonde hair would become extinct by 2202.

Blonde women are more susceptible to age-related macular degeneration (AMD), an eye condition that can cause blindness.

According to several surveys, men do not prefer blondes—at least not as serious mates. Men prefer brunettes as long-term partners because they view them as more reliable and steady.

https://www.factretriever.com/blonde-hair-facts
Men preferring brunettes is like women saying they love nice guys over douchebags. Ya they say that but once it comes down to it, blondes are way more attractive.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:39 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,595,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bungadow View Post
Men preferring brunettes is like women saying they love nice guys over douchebags. Ya they say that but once it comes down to it, blondes are way more attractive.
Speak for yourself. I don't care about hair color.

Old 11-30-2018, 10:36 PM

307 posts, read 330,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bungadow View Post
Ever been to Miami?

Old 05-22-2019, 04:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,778 times
Just for the record ... depending where your Italian heritage comes from Italian people in NYC and elsewhere are natural blonde or natural redhead with all eye shades...unlike darker people which are in NYC by millions...not just dark haired Italians.....

Old 05-23-2019, 04:43 AM

6,359 posts, read 8,826,410 times
wish they all could beat California girls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.