Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 12:32 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,818,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
More french than those towns in Maine that only speak French? How can you be "more french"?
I hope you don't go further with this...
Do you even know enough about Canada to back up what you say? TOWNS IN MAINE French is the official language in Quebec (The WHOLE Province).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 12:43 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,766,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
I hope you don't go further with this...
Do you even know enough about Canada to back up what you say? TOWNS IN MAINE French is the official language in Quebec (The WHOLE Province).
And? What makes, for example, Madawaska, Maine less french than Cabano Quebec?

Your claim was that "Canada is more French than anything in America". Well, that to me says you don't believe there are any french areas of the country that are as french as french areas of Canada.

As for your statement about towns verse a whole province, what are you trying to prove? Im aware of this irrelevant fact. You said nothing in America is as french as in Canada. Now that deserves a smack

Do they have more french speakers? ...Yes. But that has nothing to do with your claim

I think i would know more about Canada than you, as i have spent portions of my life there

Old 08-09-2010, 12:45 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,818,272 times
Quote:
And? What makes, for example, Madawaska, Maine less french than Cabano Quebec?

Your claim was that "Canada is more French than anything in America". Well, that to me says you don't believe there are any french areas of the country that are as french as french areas of Canada.

As for your statement about towns verse a whole province, what are you trying to prove? Im aware of this irrelevant fact. You said nothing in America is as french as in Canada. Now that deserves a smack

Do they have more french speakers? ...Yes. But that has nothing to do with your claim
Canada is far more French influenced as a whole. That's it.
Small towns in Maine is more of an irrelevant fact than anything I said. I was referring to bigger cities- Quebec (city) is more french influenced than any city in Americ. I wouldn't dig that deep and talk about Madawaska.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Canada is far more French influenced as a whole. That's it.
Small towns in Maine is more of an irrelevant fact than anything I said. I was referring to bigger cities- Quebec (city) is more french influenced than any city in Americ. I wouldn't dig that deep and talk about Madawaska.
It was ignorant comment IMO. Because if you were to go from small towns in Quebec to small towns in Maine, you would barley realize you left Canada.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:53 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,049,308 times
Quote:
Doesn't Barbados have the lowest crime rates in North America?
No I meant overall as the cities from countries.

There are high crime cities in each country, but the average Canadian city has a smaller crime rate than an American one, which has a smaller crime rate than a Mexican one.

Old 08-09-2010, 02:10 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,538,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Why do I feel like I've seen this list before??? Oh yeah; it's the same cities every year.

lol

Old 08-09-2010, 03:30 PM

5,510 posts, read 9,493,295 times
Just FYI, the OP's link is from 2008.

Also, while it's still way too high, Youngstown's current murder rate is about 20.7, not 22.9.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:24 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,089,392 times
Quote:
It was ignorant comment IMO. Because if you were to go from small towns in Quebec to small towns in Maine, you would barley realize you left Canada.
Maybe, but it's safe to say you were nit-picking the life out of his statement

Old 08-09-2010, 04:41 PM

Great input!

Old 08-09-2010, 05:38 PM

447 posts, read 1,564,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
This list cannot be accurate, Detroit is not #1. Anyone who as ever seen the ruins of Detroit knows that Detroit must be #1 on any list of dangerous cities worth looking at.
New Orleans and Camden blow Detroit in the dust.

New Orleans

Camden,NJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.