Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 07:51 PM

36 posts, read 93,422 times

Advertisements

I live in a conservative area (suburban Denver) and I find the people not only more decent and down-to-earth than liberal areas I've lived and visited, but I simply find the people a whole lot easier to live around. Something about loving your country, focusing on family, and living your faith makes you a good neighbor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 09:14 PM

518 posts, read 448,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Right. Nothing racist about that statement. I rest my case.
You haven`t made any "case" that could be rested. You just used the intellectually dishonest cop out racism card people use when they have no desire to debate someone rationally. People on this board are constantly bashing the South and making fun of the place and its white trash conservatives or that`s the general idea. I`m just saying that the demographics of the Deep South are unique from the rest of the country and contribute to the rankigs being the way they are. Unfortunately, There just isn`t much of an AA middle class in the South outside of Atlanta. It`s not racist to point that out either. It just is what it is.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:37 PM

2 posts, read 1,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
Haha I don't drive a Hummer, way to big for my needs. I drive an Infiniti M35 haha, so I would hope they don't do that to my car its not a Hummer!

Like it's hard to explain but I think you'll understand what I mean when I say Los Angeles despite being a democratic city really caters peoples political background more efficiently when it comes to differences than Portland, Austin, & San Francisco.

Even though South of California is liberal there are still good places like Santa Clarita Valley which is still a conservative/republican stronghold, which equates to good quality of life, low crime rate, and better neoghbors in general.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:40 PM

2 posts, read 1,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowtownCO View Post
I live in a conservative area (suburban Denver) and I find the people not only more decent and down-to-earth than liberal areas I've lived and visited, but I simply find the people a whole lot easier to live around. Something about loving your country, focusing on family, and living your faith makes you a good neighbor.
Conservative areas tend to be better to raise families and to have higher quality of lives. The reason is that they generally have higher level of education and higher mid salaries.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:53 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,740,612 times
Having lived in a very conservative town, I'll gladly take the fairly liberal town I currently live in. However, I don't think I'd like to live in a town that was overwhelmingly liberal, because I think it's good to have some variety. The conservatives here seem to lean more libertarian, and I'm much more likely to get along with people like that, as opposed to the conservatives in my home town, who were anything but libertarian.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:02 PM

125 posts, read 251,354 times
Quote:
Lived in parts of Oklahoma for 4 years surrounded by Bible-thumping, (largely) bigoted people. Moved to Boston and that was best decision I ever made. People here have a pulse. And contrary to what you claim, they love their country and focus on their family equally as much as my old Okie neighbors.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:40 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,196,330 times
Quote:
It is almost three years later and I bet your Denver suburbs are trending more moderate these days. The state just passed civil unions for gay people and gun registration laws. I believe people from all across the political spectrum (not just the right) love their country. We have freedom of religion, so I do not denigrate anyone's faith. It is in the bill of rights. All people should be proud of their beliefs. This idea that there are a narrowly defined group that are the REAL Americans is in contradiction to our Declaration of Independence which proclaims "Liberty and the pursuit of happiness for ALL".

Old 03-26-2013, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
I kinda agree with what he said, even though there are plenty of families living in ''liberal'' cities. Im a single bisexual guy in a very conservative, family values type metro, and personally I find it a bit depressing, but I know alot of gays&lesbians who like living here.
They probably "like" it only because Birmingham is less oppressive and slightly more accepting than smaller Alabama cities.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonceltz View Post
Lived in parts of Oklahoma for 4 years surrounded by Bible-thumping, (largely) bigoted people. Moved to Boston and that was best decision I ever made. People here have a pulse. And contrary to what you claim, they love their country and focus on their family equally as much as my old Okie neighbors.
People all across the political spectrum love their country. You are absolutely correct !

Old 03-29-2013, 12:02 AM

139 posts, read 328,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Well, conservative cities tend to be the cheapest to live and the least educated. That's a given. However, that seems to be changing. Having relocated from MA to TX, I see this state slowly becoming more progressive due to all the economic growth. You can't grow as fast as TX has without seeing it change for the better. Being a fiscal conservative and a social liberal, I have no regrets. I guess that would make me a moderate liberal???
So true. And to that first sentence you can add the most religious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.